PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The worst experience with the Mogul thus far...

well, besides the old technology, lack of a cradle, affordable pricing, goodlink incompatibility, lack of any powervision features, large form factor, endless amounts of pointless dongles, the 3 days/8 hours and the eventual trip to the store it took me to get it activated, etc...

..is when people ask me if its *visual representation* a notch under the iphone?

Good to see what capitalist marketing has done for our already braindead consumers.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
what a rant!

so have you gotten your money back and bought an iphone?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The worst experience with the Mogul thus far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum
..is when people ask me if its *visual representation* a notch under the iphone?
Sounds like you need to decide what's important to you - features & functions or form & cool factor.

Either is fine.

But sounds like the latter is what you want.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Lurker

Docwiz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum
well, besides the old technology, lack of a cradle, affordable pricing, goodlink incompatibility, lack of any powervision features, large form factor, endless amounts of pointless dongles, the 3 days/8 hours and the eventual trip to the store it took me to get it activated, etc...

Good to see what capitalist marketing has done for our already braindead consumers.
What is even more funny is that the iphone has more outdated features, can't change your battery and is a closed platform that you can only run what Apple tells you to run and it does not even have a keyboard at all.

WTF man!

Apple's iphone is basically hype. If you want a browser that is the same you can run Deepfish when it comes out from Microsoft (they already had a test release earlier this year).

Nobody is saying that the Mogul is perfect, but please don't even try to compare it with the flash in the pan iphone.

People that buy the iphone are the same people who vote for someone for president because they are handsome and not on what they stand for on issues.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I don't understand people who say you can't compare the two or it is apples and oranges. There are a lot of things you can compare between the two and some things one does better than the other -

Mogul -
ACTIVESYNC OMA full fucntionality - most important to me while the iPhone has some e-mail support it isn't ideal for those of us used to OMA with Exchange.
better for office docs
many more third party apps currently none for the iphone as far as I know.
can change battery
Keyboard important to some but not all so don't assume! Makes it thicker but gives you tactile typing which is good for some.
BT let's you do more but nothing well
faster internet access currently and potentially significantly faster later
Support for flash browser

iPhone
much better screen - twice the resolution of the mogul
Bluetooth headset is good for callers AND callees - not so with mogul
Much better web browser
much better form factor much much thinner
much much faster
much better battery life even though it has a higher res screen and faster processor
up to 8 gigs of storage on board
less likely to get a virus

While there are many more points of comparison - it shows that you can compare the two. I am by no means a mac fanboy - I support both PCs and macs and much prefer supporting the PCs but I have to give credit where credit is due for both sides. If MS can get their act together by this time next year I'll stick with them. if Mac can include full activesync wireless and faster inernet speeds - I'll switch over to the iphone2 and bitch about the limitations of the iphone.

I don't understand in many threads where people sound offended or indignant when people try to say one or the other is better - both have strengths and both have weaknesses - currently the OMA is most important to me so the mogul is a better choice however if the iphone2 has that functionality, I doubt MS will have all the other better things that the iPhone does/will by the time the iPhone2 comes out. I'm guessing the iphone2 will be out by this time next year whereas MS will probably not have WM7 out and even if they do what are the chances it will work properly when it is first released? It takes MS a very long time to ever release patches as they don't even listen to their clients about what issues they are having.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
They are totally different devices and targeted as such I think.
just my .02
Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwiz
Nobody is saying that the Mogul is perfect, but please don't even try to compare it with the flash in the pan iphone.
The way I see it (and this is coming from a 6700 user... haven't seen enough improvement in the Mogul to consider changing from my incredibly hacked 6700)...

The iPhone is an entertainment device. Talk on the phone, surf the net, watch movies, listen to music.

The Mogul is a productivity device. Office docs, RDP to landbased computers, crunch numbers.

Depends on what you want. I'm a productivity guy myself. Yeah, you can compare me to the PC guy in the Mac commercials, but that's what pays the bills.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy213
They are totally different devices and targeted as such I think.
just my .02
Beat me to it (see my post directly above!) You guys type too fast... my thumbs on my 6700 can only move so fast.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwiz
Your shortsightedness is showing. The iPod was also thought to be a flash in the pan, assumed due to many limitations to be unlikely to succeed, and is to this day not the best product in its class (the Creative Zen Vision: M is still superior in nearly every way), and yet it's the market leader with second place nowhere in sight. To assume the iPhone's incapable of the same success based on the level of hype and the exact same blind devotion of its users as the iPod is foolish.

The iPhone is quite capable of becoming the iPod of phones whether we like it or not. Personally I'm not looking forward to a future where my choice in phone makes me just as much of an outcast minority as my choice in MP3 player did. But I genuinely believe the iPhone's domination is all but inevitable, and will be all the more swift as soon as their exclusivity with (ugh) AT&T ends. I will still not buy one, but I expect to see them more popular than RAZRs.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started
Virus...

VIRUS?

When was the last time your phone got a virus...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan