PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
What All Comes With The HTC Mogul? (Accessories)

I've been reading up on this phone a lot lately. I get mine tomorrow.

I saw this:

In the Box

The Mogul comes with a standard Lithium Ion battery, AC world charger, stereo headset with inline microphone, USB sync cable, ExtUSB to 2.5mm headset adapter cable, ExtUSB to two port ExtUSB (so you can use the included headphones and the charger simultaneously), a spare stylus, a 512MB microSD card, leather horizontal case with belt clip, a screen protector, software installation CD and that includes the user manual, getting started guide and more

I was just wondering if this was true. I keep hearing all these people saying that they need to buy all this stuff. Well, other than stuff like the case and the charger. But a 512 Card? A Headset Adapter? Just seems like more than what you normally get with these phones.

-Touche'
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The 512MB Micro is a n extra (which I think is a surprise). It might have to do with the fact it is a big switch to move over to Mcro cards. You need the headset adapter because there is no audio out port on the Mogul. Audio is sent out through the USB port on the bottom of the unit.

The rest of the stuff is pretty standard stuff. I think the big disappointment is the lack of a cradle. I'm hoping that Verizon will include one but I'm expecting not to get one when they finally release the 6800.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wow... Yeah, I mean I would expect some of those things to come with it, but I'm surprised at the 512 card and the adapter. I mean, normally these people want you to buy things like those. Well, cool. That's certainly a pleasant surprise! Especially since I won't have time to get my 2 gig card until later this week.

I DEFINITELY agree with the cradle comment. I mean, it came with the 6700, and it's really nice to have. Especially when you use your phone (PPC) as an alarm clock/calender at home. I'm not just disappointed that it doesn't come with the cradle; I'm just about Outraged that the Cradle costs $99.99. That's just ridiculous! Oh well, I'll survive.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling. Thanks a lot for the quick reply, blazingwolf. Again.... lol Have a good one...

-Touche'
Old 07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
i miss the 2.5mm audio port because i bought a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter for my headphones a couple weeks before purchasing the mogul.

now i have to freakin attach that huge azz adapter and THEN then a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter. ridiculous.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lol Yeah, it does seem kind of unnecessary , huh? I have a CD/Tape player system in my car, so I used my adapter VERY OFTEN as well. I can't really think of any GOOD reason for them to have done that, either.

I've been looking at pictures of the Mogul in anticipation of recieiving my own tomorrow/today. When they show the bottom there looks to be a large silver thing... Is that for the gigantic adapter?

-Touche'
Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
yeah... this guy wont be buying the cradle.

i loved it for my 6700, but i cant fathom how a little chunk of plastic costs more than most peoples phones...

maybe its gold plated? in which case id consider it.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Argh, I'm trying to post some URLs, but the stupid system won't let me until I post two more things.

I'll try to do this without URLs...

On daydeal dot com there's an 3.5mm Stereo Audio Adapter w/ Mic, and also one without a mic.

Apparently simple USB accessories for Cinglar 8525, T-Mobile Dash/Wing will work for the Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan