PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: Close all programs button from Today Screen

My how to map the left soft key to exit all running programs. As an old Treo 700wx user one of the things I miss is the ability to hold the OK key and open memory manager, this is a little different but has the same design at heart. You will need 2 programs to make this happen and there will be some reg edits needed, but I will walk through this step by step. I am putting Total Commander and HTC Exit button in a ZIP at the end of this post.

First this is what you get see the left soft key

When you hit this button it open this

Ok the how to, first load both programs in the Zip file they are .cab files so after you unzip just double tap to install. Open Total Commander you should will see this:

(If not double tap the folder with the \\ double back slash)

Double tap registry you will see this:

Double tap HKCU you will see this:

Double tap software you will see this:

Double tap Microsoft you will see this:

Double tap today you will see this:

Double tap keys you will see this:

Double tap 112 you will see this:

Almost their double tap open you will see this, install this text string exactly as shown:

Now in the top right corner of Total Commander tap the square with the dots in it this is the back button you will see this:

Double tap Default you will see this:

In this box put the name you want shown I have Exit Button but you can put what ever you like here this is what will show on the today screen. Now soft reset your Mogul and you will have your Exit Button, that's it. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip exit_button_341.zip (273.8 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
very nice.

you think there is any way to map the side buttons (voice commander / OK ) or the power/comm manager so i can play nintendo without using the keyboard?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
nice how to Big D

Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
great app! nice how to also!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian
very nice.

you think there is any way to map the side buttons (voice commander / OK ) or the power/comm manager so i can play nintendo without using the keyboard?
I know using SPB Shell You can remap the buttons. I remapped the camera button to the Calendar, and the IE button to Lock. BTW, what nes program are you using
Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
@Big D,

I'm not slamming what you have provided here but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to get a program that changes the x button action (like Magic Button, which is free, however, I'm not sure if it works on WM6). Most of these programs also allow you to map the hardware ok/close button so that it works the same as a screen tap.

Just curious.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf
@Big D,

I'm not slamming what you have provided here but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to get a program that changes the x button action (like Magic Button, which is free, however, I'm not sure if it works on WM6). Most of these programs also allow you to map the hardware ok/close button so that it works the same as a screen tap.

Just curious.
Just the way I am doing things, HTC X-Button is a rock solid free app made for HTC devices and me likes.

"Most of these programs also allow you to map the hardware ok/close button so that it works the same as a screen tap"

What apps? Unless I missed something Magic button doesn't do this, and I am not sure what apps you are referring to. Wouldn't want that any ways sometimes I want apps to minimise. For me it is all about the screen taps I want to be able to close everything without using the Stylus and still be able to minimise if I want to. But hay if you have something better or just prefer to do it a different way tell us about it, some might like your idea better than mine. Heck I might like your idea better than mine
Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I'm kind of curious why tapping the X-button on the Today screen and hitting Stop All is complicated enough to warrant giving up an entire soft key. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just genuinely curious if there's something I'm not thinking of that makes this more valuable than I would realize.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool
I'm kind of curious why tapping the X-button on the Today screen and hitting Stop All is complicated enough to warrant giving up an entire soft key. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$, I'm just genuinely curious if there's something I'm not thinking of that makes this more valuable than I would realize.
Just to lazy to get the stylus out, plus the calendar soft key is a waist for me I use Today Agenda. This is also a good how to for changing the soft key to what ever you like just change the exe string to what ever app you want
Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The Mgic Button site says that it can be mapped to an application button, however I haven't used it in quite some time so it might not work as I am thinking.

Some apps I can think of off the top of my head are iLauncher, Pocket + and Wisbar Advance. Of course these are all commercial software but they do some other things that may make it worth the price for some.

I can't think of any other freeware at the moment but I keep thinking I saw one before.

Anyway, your way is good too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan