PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flaky MMS (cycling thru Outbox & Drafts

Carrier: Alltel
ROM Version: 3.52.671.9 (Stock Alltel WM 6.1)
Radio version: 3.42.50

There are three 6800s on our account. Mine is new, the others are refurbs. Other than that (os, apps, settings), they are identical.

Mine can forward MMS messages with no problems at all.
But, if I try to create an MMS mesage and send it, 46 out of 50 times (so far) the message will sit in the Outbox for a while then disppear and reappear in the Drafts folder. I can delete the message, then delete it from the Deleted folder, then reset (either immediately or after a while). The message will reappear in either the Drafts folder or the Outbox. If I send it again (from the Outbox), it will again sit for a while (varies) then appear in the Drafts folder where it will sit until I delete it.

It takes several iterations of Delete, Delete (from the Deleted folder), Reset to finally get rid of the message (six iterations is the record so far).

Any ideas why this phone likes to diddle with MMS messages?
Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Flaky MMS (cycling thru Outbox & Drafts

Hmm. Does it send successfully? Sometimes messages get stuck and frankly I have no clue why off the top of my head (I need more sleep anyway lol).
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Four out of 50 were sent successfully. Those went through almost immediately.

The other two phones have had absolutely no failures sending MMS messages. A couple of times they would take a while, but the messages stayed in the Outbox until sent. They did not start cycling between the Outbox and Drafts as they do on mine.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry I can't make this any sexier or black artsish like streaming 3D videos and such.

I guess failure to perform normally is not titillating enough...
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ah me. Guess this problem isn't sexy enough for this site.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Check ur connection settings and registry according to some threads here... or try an updated cab

Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It might be time to do a full backup and hard reset. It the problem persists after a restore, it might be time to do the hard reset and start over from scratch. In either case at a minimum backup your contacts, etc!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

A bit more background (was OP of another, unanswered, thread).

We have three 6800s on our account. I upgraded all three to WM6.1 over a weekend. The settings on all three are identical (including connection settings). All apps on all three are identical.

I have run the upgrade three times on the problem phone. After each "upgrade" the MMS problem persists.

I went to a couple of Alltel stores. At both (after 1.5hour wait at each), the "tech" said I would have to let them give me a loaner "for a few days while we work on it". I said nothankyewverymuch and took the phone home.

I was just wondering if anyone else was able to solve this problem. I have seen a few (unanswered, as well) threads about this here and other places, so I know that others have had the same problem. Don't want to be saddled with a POS loaner for an indeterminite time, to have my phone returned, banged up, with a "can't replicate the problem, now, be off" as has happened with other phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan