PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

faustt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cross Platform (WM/WinXP) VOIP apps that work on Titans?

Anyone know of an app THAT WORKS WITH THE TITAN thats similar to Skype? I've using No2s newest 6.1 rom, so Skype is out. I also tried to use Skype via Fring, but the mic doesn't pick up anything.

My needs are pretty simple:
Run on PPC correctly (Titan) and also have a windows based client
Work with a bluetooth headset
Perferabbly be able to run off of RevA or EVDO. Wifi only would be a step in the right direction though.

I can't seem to find anything that works right with the Titan. Do the WM versions of Yahoo/AIM/MSN have a voice feature that could work with the titan? I've always used Slick, so I've never tried them out. I'd really rather not downgrade to a 6.0 rom and deal with another hard reset. But if 6.1 is just that buggy with these apps...
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Cross Platform (WM/WinXP) VOIP apps that work on Titans?

ever consider the rom ur using is whats messing up ur ability to use what u want?

aim,yahoo,msn are junk on moguls as stand alones..use Palringo,Nimbuzz things like that, those include all IMs..

and skype 2.5 does work on a mogul if u read around, just maybe not on your Rom...

everyone is flash happy, ive never flashed once,except to offical 6.1.. and ive never had any issues running half the things you flashers run into
Old 01-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

faustt is a n00b
Re: Cross Platform (WM/WinXP) VOIP apps that work on Titans?

From my understanding, skype didn't work on all 6.1 roms. I could be wrong though. I did read that the 2.5 beta supposedly works on 6.1 Titans. When I tried it on my rom the audio was still routed to the rear speaker, but at least it started. With my bluetooth head set (Moto H820) audio is routed right, but it doesn't want to use the bluetooth mic. So it still picks up audio from the handset. which kinda defeats the purpose of a headset...

I wouldn't say I'm flash happy. In the year I've had my mogul I think I've reflashed it 3 or 4 times. *shrug* I've never had a rom throw off compatibility with any programs and every new rom I flashed has been noticeably faster that the last (props to no2).

I dunno, the Titan is on it's last leg. I doubt any voice programs are going to work for it, unless people like DCD or No2 do some crazy reprograming to fix some of it's quirks. The IR Port comes to mind. (having a working universal remote program would be sweet).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan