PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

hyzdufan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Windows Internet Connection Sharing w/ 6800

I searched and searched and couldn't find anyone who's trying to tackle the same issue as me, so let me explain what's going on in detail.

WMWifiRouter is a wonderful program, but it doesn't play nicely with my Vista laptops. I'm sure it's Vista's fault, I mean you see the commercials on TV, right? I have an old XP laptop that I was going to try to set up in the following way:

Tether my 6800 to the XP laptop using the Internet Sharing on the phone.
Turn on Windows Internet Connection Sharing for the tethered connection.
Use a wireless router as an access point connected to the LAN port on my laptop.
Presto! Wireless internet!

Here is the problem I am running into. Whenever ICS is enabled on Windows, it defaults to an IP address of 192.168.0.1 for it's DHCP server. This however, is the same exact IP address that the 6800 uses for its Internet Sharing. So Windows ICS craps out on me with an IP address conflict, and won't let me do it.

So here's what I'm trying to do...

I want to change the default IP address for the Mogul's internet sharing program. I poked around in the registry, tried a few things in HKLM/Comm to no avail. Any advice from people wiser than me (which is probably most)...?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Windows Internet Connection Sharing w/ 6800

Don't use ICS?

Actually Linux might work better for this. There are drivers for RNDIS for Linux out there and I've gotten tethering to work in Linux.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Here a suggestion don't use built in internet conn sharing. don't use wmwifirouter. I agree that they r great programs if you can get them to work most people have to use the newer pay version to get sucess. I have not used it sense it has went to a pay to use app.

I however do use a small 20kb file called ics.exe that you run from your cell phone. It has tons of features it auto does the nessisary reg edits to defeat any locked tethering. It works as an intermediary in between any of your connections that you want... U can use your cell for a usb wifi adapter use it to tether via the usb cable 2 pc. wifi to bluetooth sharing bluetooth to usb adapter yada yada its verry nice. It has a built in router with dhcp that allows u to set a custom ip adresses, dmz, port forwarding. Its basically a 20kb router that lets you pick 2 connections on your phone and bridge one 2 the other. It works without having the native windows internet connection sharing running bc it talks to the windows tcp/ip stacks directly.

here is the page to get it from.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

I use the app on any os linux windows xp, vista 32 and 64, windows 7 beta 7000 build x32 and x64. 0 problems

one drawback of this app is b4 the wireless tethering works you have to setup an ad-hoc network on your phone manually after that launch turn on your wireless launch ics control.exe set your settings hit save then start.

on the pc u want to connect to the networked conection just select the ssid that u used to setup the ad-hoc network once connected you have internet. I have mine set to auto connect to sprint when I hit start ics.

I read so many posts on here about people complaining about wmwifirouter and or how to get it for free or where to dl version .91. It gets old after a while, with this you don't get all the pretty icons and fancy graphics of the wmwifirouter but its free and if you like it donate to the author even a $ goes a long way if everyone were to donate that.

This to me is a lot less headache then wmwifirouter as its a 20kb exe that i keep on my storage card no need to even install it i just map a shortcut to it in my programs folder.

To wireless tether select cellular \/top dropdown then tnetw12511\/ in the second dropdown box. save then hit start ics.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think you missed the point Gator, he was using Windows ICS not ICS on the phone.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I think you missed the point Gator, he was using Windows ICS not ICS on the phone.

I know that I was telling him how to get what he wanted without using that or for people to not send him 100 replies on how he should use the latest version of wmwifirouter. Honestly I don't see what that does that this does not besides look pretty and cost people $30 bucks.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Verizon

duhgus is a n00b

I have a Verizon phone that shipped with wm 6.1. I don't think I'm going to upload a custom to this phone. (My old unlocked and custom rommed phone was lost...this phone is from asurion)
Verizon doesn't ship the phone with the Internet Sharing program. Is this CAB around somewhere?
I d/l and ran ICS Control v0.21 but I think it wants to see the actual Internet Sharing program.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Is it me, or does it sound like the OP is doing a double share for some reason?

If you have WMWifirouter, set all the vista & xp machines to allow ad-hoc (peer to peer wireless) connections and your problems should go away. No need to double-share.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

you dont connect with any ics then use wmwifi, its one or the other...

the ICS edit WORks just fine from the MILLIONs(had to point that out) of posts on the topic..

and wmwifi works fine on vista im using it now...

and if u usb tether make sure its all on b4 plugging into ur laptop
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan