PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

fever02 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
quick simple Q....

Ok.. So I want to download a file to my phone(internetsharing) but when I unzip it i see 3 files (internet , 000dummy and set up) can someone tell me which is the correct file... And for future reference how do you tell which is a correct file to load if there's more than on contained in the zip??
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: quick simple Q....

More likelly the Setup files are the ones you use to install whatever program/app you downloaded..

Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fever02 is a n00b

it might be it's an xml file
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Is it an exe file that you need to run from your pc in order to load it to the ppc?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

If you running it from your pc to the ppc should be the exe file, if is from your ppc should be the cab file.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fever02 is a n00b

may be i'm missing something... I got the help in a forum(link below) it does say cab at the end but it's a zip file... when i unzip it shows me three files inside.. internet~1.00, 000dumy.001 and _setup.xml..??? the xml file does look like it is but now i'm not sure based off what you guys said

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53368

Last edited by fever02; 01-21-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
VIP PATROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever02 View Post
may be i'm missing something... I got the help in a forum(link below) it does say cab at the end but it's a zip file... when i unzip it shows me three files inside.. internet~1.00, 000dumy.001 and _setup.xml..??? the xml file does look like it is but now i'm not sure based off what you guys said

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53368
Ok bro, what you got there, is a cab file, all you have to do is transfer that cab file into your device and should automatically start installing if not just click on it and follow instructions...good luck.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fever02 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
Ok bro, what you got there, is a cab file, all you have to do is transfer that cab file into your device and should automatically start installing if not just click on it and follow instructions...good luck.
Completly understand that ... but it's a zip file (can you take a look at the link to understand?) and i have to unzip it to install ( am i correct?) after I unzip or extract to the desktop i get 3 files... if there was only one file or an exe file it would be so simple
Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever02 View Post
Completly understand that ... but it's a zip file (can you take a look at the link to understand?) and i have to unzip it to install ( am i correct?) after I unzip or extract to the desktop i get 3 files... if there was only one file or an exe file it would be so simple
If youre talking about the file hosted in this post then I see a InternetSharingFIX.cab. Where are you seeing .zip at?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sometimes people will add .zip to a file name so they can upload it. I've seen some such as randomfile.cab.zip. If it is that type of format, just remove the .zip from the end of it and then open the cab file on the phone. If that is the case no unzipping is required.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan