PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC6800); Touch Pro; Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Disabling WiFi sleep mode when screen goes off (wm6.1)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemanager View Post
Would this work when streaming satellite music too via cellular? I always hated that the backlight would stay on the whole time. I have lowered it but still, 4 hours of streaming doesn't leave much of a battery life for anything else. I have 2 batteries but still wish there was a way to shut the screen off without killing the apps.
PocketToolman 2 does not have the option of keeping the device on with the screen turned off while data is streaming in. On the XDA website, there is a forum dedicated to it. Maybe you should make a request to make this feature available in the future versions. Let me know if you find something. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lightbulb Re: Disabling WiFi sleep mode when screen goes off (wm6.1)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemanager View Post
Would this work when streaming satellite music too via cellular? I always hated that the backlight would stay on the whole time. I have lowered it but still, 4 hours of streaming doesn't leave much of a battery life for anything else. I have 2 batteries but still wish there was a way to shut the screen off without killing the apps.
Eurika! I found two programs that will turn off the display without turning off the device. In this way, you can save battery by turning off the screen while still running programs like mobile Windows Media Player, GPS, Skype, etc.

First, go to settings, system tab, power, advanced tab, and uncheck "turn off device if not used for..." for both device on battery and external power.

Second, download psShutXP. Click on the button for Light off. Your screen will turn off without turning off your device. You can turn your screen back on by pressing the usual power button on your phone. But remember if you want put your device to sleep mode along with turning off the screen, do it the usual way through your device's power button for maximun battery life.

You can also turn off the screen without putting device to sleep mode by PocketToolman 2. Just open the program and click on "screen off."

psShutXP has one problem: the menu that opens up gives you the option to do a hard reset if you tab on the MS Windows icon in the program's upper right hand corner. Of course, it asks you for confirmation, but I rather have this option disabled for safety's sake. You might give it to a child to play with and you don't want them to do an accidental hard reset. They have different skins, so if any one found a skin with the hard reset option disabled, please let me know too.

I tested both PocketToolman 2 and psShutXP on my Sprint Mogul (HTC TyTnII PPC6800), and they worked well on that phone.

Copy and paste these links:
http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/

http://pockettoolman.clarencech
Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Disabling WiFi sleep mode when screen goes off (wm6.1)???

just so you know your phone is not called the TyTnII... its just the Titan...TyTnII is a completely different phone
Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

u can just turn the backlight off
Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
u can just turn the backlight off
Turning off the back light only dims your screen; it doesn't completely turn off the screen. Mogul does not have an option to turn off the screen completely. So use psShutXP or Pocket Toolman 2 to turn off the screen completely. Good luck.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I use the no2 Power cpl module and it has a lot of options. IDK if that is what you are looking for.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: cricket

browngrad07 is a n00b

My problem is.......i flashed my alltel mogul (htc-6800/titan) to cricket service. Now, everytime i cut on my phone, it loads past the htc screen, then loads past the alltel screen, and then sometimes half-way loads, or loads all the way thru the green windows mobile screen, and then the screen goes completely out, and wont cut back on, even though the phone is still on because the blue and green lights are constantly flashing at the top of the phone, and all of the surrounding lights on the front of the phone are illuminated. Some please help me....its my favorite phone
Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sounds like you need to reflash the rom and maybe radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan