PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

NaviPwnz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official BT Headset/BT Stack Thread - Choppy Sound

I've worked for Sprint, T-mobile and Centennial so I had some open access to different bluetooths and phones. My current device I'll list is the 6800 - for Sprint.

One thing to keep in mind with bluetooth is that every manufacturer's BT frequency is slighty different and some may work good on phone and terrible on another.

Best BT headset used so far was the Motorola H-700. The headset had very good call quality and was barely noticeable on my ear. Did not cause headaches and ear aches like some headsets I've tried. The one rapid deterioration as the range from bluetooth to phone increased. Had to basically be right on my side for the quality to be at 100%

Jawbone - Worked very well for range and quality. Wasn't very comfortable on my ear, but that is dependant on the user.

Motorola H-500 - very choppy

Any Plantronics headset - Too many to list - All of them suck with this phone.

Samsung WEP 200 - Headset comfortabiliity was probably a 8/10. Sound quality was similar to the motorola h-700 in the sense that as long as the headset was close to your phone you could hear both ends almost perfectly. Background noise would cause this headset to be utterly useless with the 6800. Dont even think about walking through the mall rocking this headset... (not that anyone would notice the hearing aid size headset on your head anyways )

Blue Ant - any model - most of them sucked for quality with this phone. Although the blue ant Stereo bluetooth headset works very well for the media playback for this phone. But, of course when a call comes in and you switch to answer it... FAIL.. is the only word I can use for in call bluetooth quality for all the phones I used with it.

I've used a few more headsets with this phone, but I can't think of the models off hand right now, so if anyone wants more updates or any other stuff they want me to test out for them before they buy let me know. You can email me at support@techies4u.net or just visit my webpage at Techies4u.net.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

carib909 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Official BT Headset/BT Stack Thread - Choppy Sound

The problem I have with the Motorola S9 is that every time I connect the headset, the phone asks for pairing information, and when I add the four digit code it never accepts it. I have to start the pairing all over from scratch and then it does not ask for the code, it just pairs automatically. Sound is good on the S9, no fading, but the repairing issue is a pain.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan