PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dopod
Carrier: bbWiFi

rayngm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Compatible and Uncompatible Applications Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
You would need to upgrade to a GPS radio to get this feature to function.
Thanks for your advise. It seems a good news for me, but I don't know how to upgrade. Would you please provide me some more details?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I would be happy to. But first I need some information from you. Like, what carrier are you on? Did you buy this device from this carrier? And can you post your device information found at: Start\Settings\System\Device Information

Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Lurker

rayngm is a n00b

Quote:
I would be happy to. But first I need some information from you. Like, what carrier are you on? Did you buy this device from this carrier? And can you post your device information found at: Start\Settings\System\Device Information
Dear Tinkerbell, I really thanks for your prompt reply and kindness. Howerver, I note from other posts of this PPCgeeks forum, some friends had encountered issues on their phones after upgrading the GPS radio. Also, they had faced a lot of troubles as they wanted to downgrade it back. Since I'm a novice, I think it's better stick to whatever it is instead of taking any risk. Thanks a lot again.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Hey Rayngym! Better safe than sorry they say! I hope you are having a blast with your device!! I am glad to see that you are reading on the board... that is an awesome way of learning!!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Lurker

rayngm is a n00b

Quote:
Hey Rayngym! Better safe than sorry they say! I hope you are having a blast with your device!! I am glad to see that you are reading on the board... that is an awesome way of learning!!
Yeh, that's true. Always drive safe can make the life longer. I'm still looking for a safer route some sort like a plugin program to the Googlemaps. I know QuickGPS is using a similiar concept of obtaining GPS informations from the carrier's stations, so I think some genius friends might have further developed the program to fix Mylocations independently without using GPS also. Am I having a day dream?

Last edited by rayngm; 02-18-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayngm View Post
Yeh, that's true. Always drive safe can make the life longer. I'm still looking for a safer route some sort like a plugin program to the Googlemaps. I know QuickGPS is using a similiar concept of obtaining GPS informations from the carrier's stations, so I think some genius friends might have further developed the program to fix Mylocations independently without using GPS also. Am I having a day dream?
Humm... I have not heard of such a breakthrough. That would be really sweet though. There are a lot of Apache owners that would be thrilled!! If you stumble upon such a program, let us know!!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Lurker

rayngm is a n00b

Quote:
Humm... I have not heard of such a breakthrough. That would be really sweet though. There are a lot of Apache owners that would be thrilled!! If you stumble upon such a program, let us know!!
Sure, I'll be glad to share my joy if I got it.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Okay Great!! Should I start holding my breath?
*Tinkerbell wonders if her face will turn blue... she likes pink so much better

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan