PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon won't add Alltel ESN - help!

I have a few minutes to look at it, perhaps I could extract the ERI from my titan. I know one was posted in the touch pro forum in that thread, but I don't know how device specific they are. I will post back in a bit.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenshinvt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdj67f View Post
I have a few minutes to look at it, perhaps I could extract the ERI from my titan. I know one was posted in the touch pro forum in that thread, but I don't know how device specific they are. I will post back in a bit.
Ok. I checked and my ERI Version is 100. My PRL is 51143. I think I've seen some other people with 500XXX ERI verisons on their titans. From that upgrade post I linked earlier in this thread, it looks like that guide author has had only 10% success using a 6700 ERI on other series phones.

Some other info I've found
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35155
People trying to modify the ERI banner on a converted device. Post #43 mentions how 2.03 PRI doesn't solve the problem. Seems to be a consensus that the ERI data is in a protected part of NV RAM that is either not modifiable or no one knows how to do it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39985
In this thread someone has modified PRL files for a sprint phone to force the proper indicator display. Unfortunately, appears phone and PRL specific, and the PRLs used are already outdated I think. Smart work, but not easily replicated. This thread also has the link to verizon's in network calling policy re roaming (i.e. that it isn't considered in-network).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Good research, i will have to read those too. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenshinvt is a n00b

Today I verified that it is still accessing verizon towers when marked as alltel roaming, which is nice to know (so that in-network calling doesn't use up regular minutes).

I don't know any way to monitor current tower information using the phone, so what I did was took a look at my "in-network" current minutes on the VZW website. Placed a few calls while "roaming," then looked to see if the minutes from those calls were added in the in-network category. Fortunately, they were.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you check the PRL? That would probably have something to do with it. Try manually loading a Verizon PRL from Corolada.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Did you check the PRL? That would probably have something to do with it. Try manually loading a Verizon PRL from Corolada.
He could not have activated the phone OTA without a verizon PRL. I am pretty sure he is running the latest PRL.

kenshinvt, from what I am reading, there is a lot locked to the NVM that can not be overwritten currently. Most are just living with the roaming indicator and enjoying their hardware. I am surprised the modified PRL from the touch pro thread did not get rid of it for you. PRL's are universal to all cdma devices AFAIK. If it works, I would just run it man.

Glad to help!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kenshinvt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdj67f View Post
He could not have activated the phone OTA without a verizon PRL. I am pretty sure he is running the latest PRL.

kenshinvt, from what I am reading, there is a lot locked to the NVM that can not be overwritten currently. Most are just living with the roaming indicator and enjoying their hardware. I am surprised the modified PRL from the touch pro thread did not get rid of it for you. PRL's are universal to all cdma devices AFAIK. If it works, I would just run it man.

Glad to help!
That is correct, I had to use a VZW prl to get the phone activated in the first place.

Guess we will just have to see what the Titan community does in the future with NVM modifications. Seems to be the one of the last standing areas of carrier-specific software/firmware that has yet to be overcome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan