PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6600, sch i760, xv6800
Carrier: Verizonwireless

vzwrep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Gps Questions. I've read the sticky :) Please help!

I have a vzw titan w/ the MR1 software. I'm running the Valhalla Legends GPSServer.cab w/ google maps and it works well. I tried GPS tuner and it would not find my internal gps. I am in need of the following.

1. Does anyone know of good gps software that will work for point to point use. (Example, basic outdoor garmin, no maps needed. I need to plug in gps coordinates and it give a my distance to that point.)

2. Will the valhalla legends cab work without cell reception.

3. If #2 is no, can you recommend a gps cab that will fit the bill.

I would be deeply greatful.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Gps Questions. I've read the sticky :) Please help!

I've read some people use other software, but I just stick with Google maps. The maps are always up to date, has some cool features, and yes, you can enter lat/long coordinates, and it will pinpoint it. You can use those coordinates to find the travel distance from your current location, or to a destination.

As far as getting the GPS tuner to work, I don't know. Mine works, and I DEFINITELY recommend getting the aGPS fix (helps you get a GPS lock in <10 seconds.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah. Stick with Google Maps. The GPS on MR1 should work without cell reception as GPS is free and works without cell tower connection on my custom ROM. I really would reccomend unlocking, using a Sprint radio, and flashing to a custom ROM. I know MR1 has wonderful battery life but a Custom ROM always beats a stock offical ROM! Ah, but you're a verizon rep, you should follow the rules and stay offical. Lol

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

My issue is I spend time on the water and could use a basic gps program, maps are not important, just distance between points and distance to specific coordinate
Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

i am open to a new rom if someone could
a. give me step by step detail instructions on how and what i need to perform the flash
b. someone could tell me the advantages of the rom.
as a rep for big red getting replacement phones require an act of congress. lol
Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Again, the search function and stickies are your friends. There are tutorials out there. You should use the kitchen. BOO pre-built ROMs. Make one in the ktichen.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
As far as getting the GPS tuner to work, I don't know. Mine works, and I DEFINITELY recommend getting the aGPS fix (helps you get a GPS lock in <10 seconds.
You need to add that the aGPS fix requires a data connection to pull those sat locks faster.

I use GPSToday and whatever maps it uses.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

richesseGPS will do what you want. its not fancy. have you ever seen the garmin gecko GPS? all it does is point you in the direction of the lat/lon you type in. its main use is geocaching. do a search i believe its a free program if it doesnt do what you want you can always delete it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

I will try it tomorrow. Does it work without cell reception?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857 there's the guide you wanna read.
Don't forget to hit the

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan