PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Stretch31 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Let the Flaming Begin...

Alright folks, I know there's about 2 million posts out there that relate to this question but I need somebody to help me personally.

From what I read, flashing rom is risky and I do not want to brick my phone. I've been lurking for some time and I can barely make sense of what I'm reading, but it looks like missing a step or confusing some numbers could really make me unhappy.

I want to flash to a non-verizon rom. I have a 6800. Attached is the screen with info on my device. I dont know if it is already unlocked. I've read about the Dcd 3.3.4. Is that what I want? Do I have to upgrade my radio? Do I need to unlock my phone? Do I have to do a kitchen? I'm so lost and I apologize for asking the same damn question every body else asks. I just need reassurance that this will work on MY phone, not somebody else's.

Can somebody please take pity and help me do this? "thanks" will be rewarded!

Edit: And please dont just copy links. I dont want links. I've read all the links...or a lot of them anyway. I've read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857 but it has options. I dont want options. I want somebody else with a xv6800 (preferably somebody who updated to vz's last rom, to tell me what I need to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (12.9 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Stretch31; 12-08-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Let the Flaming Begin...

haha... Okay.. I was going to post that link, but you already know it.. Yes, you will need to unlock your phone to flash a new ROM.. I recommend following the advice in the above thread...

Have faith and confidence... If you can follow directions, it will be a piece of cake.. The steps to flashing your own ROM are
Unlock
Find new ROM you want..
Flash to new ROM

A kitchen is where you build your own custom ROM..

If you want just a good, basic ROM, then DCD 3.3.4 is a good ROM for you..

Yes, it is always recommended to update to the most current Radio, but with 3.37, you already have GPS enabled so you are set there... Updating the Radio then is not a pressing matter...

Your phone is not unlocked.. First, you must unlock it..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6600, sch i760, xv6800
Carrier: Verizonwireless

vzwrep is a n00b

I too am thinking aboout flashing a new rom. My only issue with the stock rom is gps. anything but google maps puts me into africa or the alaskian sea. Do you think this will help?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Yes... I assume you are using the latest Radio? Verizon has the GPS locked by defualt, so that it can only use VZW Navigator
Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Stretch31 is a n00b

Ok. So I tried both ways, first using the olipro and then using the nuespl and neither work. I can get my phone into the multicolor screen, but it just sits there... I tried both programs.

After trying olipro, I just took out the battery to stop whatever it was doing. I'm back in again, and this time I used nuespl. The program said everything checked out, but its stuck on that screen, so I just pulled off battery again.

Is it possible my phone is already unlocked? In bootloader it reads: TITA100 SPL-2.07No2Chem Titan SPL EVT CPLD-9. That mean anything to anybody?

If it does, does it also mean I can now install DCD rom? When I go to run DCD rom, it says "make sure you have installed hard-spl 2.xx". I didnt do that. I tried to use hard-spl but it didnt work, so I tried olipro and I dont think it worked either...but I'm not sure

And after I flash to the new DCD rom, do I need that Akey or just dial ##778? Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited by Stretch31; 12-09-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch31 View Post
Ok. So I tried both ways, first using the olipro and then using the nuespl and neither work. I can get my phone into the multicolor screen, but it just sits there... I tried both programs.

After trying olipro, I just took out the battery to stop whatever it was doing. I'm back in again, and this time I used nuespl. The program said everything checked out, but its stuck on that screen, so I just pulled off battery again.

Is it possible my phone is already unlocked? In bootloader it reads: TITA100 SPL-2.07No2Chem Titan SPL EVT CPLD-9. That mean anything to anybody?

If it does, does it also mean I can now install DCD rom? When I go to run DCD rom, it says "make sure you have installed hard-spl 2.xx". I didnt do that. I tried to use hard-spl but it didnt work, so I tried olipro and I dont think it worked either...but I'm not sure

And after I flash to the new DCD rom, do I need that Akey or just dial ##778? Anything else I'm missing?
Your phone is unlocked. flash away. If you are using a kitchen, make sure you have it set to verizon, and if not, make sure you add the verizon stuff afterwards.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Stretch31 is a n00b

Thats just it. I dont know if my phone is unlocked. Im pretty sure I didnt do it, but my phone was used so the guy before me may have already unlocked it.

Does the message from bootloader tell? Is there another way?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Big MVP Diesel

Yeah... The message in the bootloader will tell...

Quote:
TITA100 SPL-2.07No2Chem Titan SPL EVT CPLD-9.
That means your phone is unlocked by No2Chem with SPL-2.07 as the bootloader... You can now go onto installing your own custom ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan