PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot open page in IE on wifi

I'm working on a friend's Mogul and am having trouble opening web pages via wifi. When I had my Mogul, I never used the feature, hence the Noob question. I searched the Titan forum but didn't find what I was looking for. I can make a successful connection via wifi, but when I try to open PIE it gives the message:

"The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again."

The phone has the stock Sprint ROM and I have hard reset it, but it still will not open pages via wifi. If someone could point me to a thread explaining how to correct this I would be very appreciative.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 12-05-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cannot open page in IE on wifi

can you try another browser? if all else fails try a soft reset. i have wifi problems after the phone goes into sleep mode. sometimes when i "wake" it up it says i have a connection but it cant connect to the web. a quick reset fixes it.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The phone does not have any other browsers installed, and the phone does not have Sprint data service at the moment. I'm working on it for a friend and he couldn't go without a phone today so he activated an old phone on his account, leaving this one without Sprint service. I had planned on being able to use wifi, but that's not the case.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you sure the security info(WEP) is entered in his phone for your wireless?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes. I double checked that, and I also tried disabling WEP and it still would not load a page.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

thats strange. how about delete the connection and let it connect again?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I'm beginning to think his phone is screwed up. That wouldn't be much of a stretch...
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm going to put Opera on it later and see if it is isolated to PIE or not.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

6700noobie is a n00b

Hafrust,

Did you get it working?

I have the same issue with my mogul. I can get on the network. The router and the phone see each other. I get an IP, but IE, live search, google maps all refuse to use wifi for data. I've hard reset, and soft reset, but still no joy. Any ideas anyone?
1 Sprint Mogul (6800) flakey as heck unit - build tester
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Do you guys have any maps you can pull and see or IMs you can use, maybe trying to send or receive mail. All this would also tell if you have connection issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan