PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

Import Junky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wm6.1 + medics rom + tcpmp= still no youtube

before i flashed to 6.1, I used the same tcpmp player and flashvideo bundle that worked on my device on 6.0 ever since flashing to 6.1 i cant get it to work properly. Sure i can still open the tcpmp player but i cant watch any youtube or any web video for that fact. Any ideas??

Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: wm6.1 + medics rom + tcpmp= still no youtube

It's an issue with TCPMP and WM 6.1... I can't think of the fix off hand, but I will try to look for it for you... Until then, maybe you should try Kinoma FreePlay... It offers YouTube streaming straight from the program... I have Kinoma installed... It is simply the best video/audio player I have ever used. It lets you log into YouTube and view your favorite videos and playlists without having to open a web browser..

I like using the Kinoma Free Player. It lets you search and watch YouTube video's straight from the program. It will also let you play all the audio/video files you have on your phone. I think this is the best free program for audio/video in general for the Mogul. Also, if you use Kinoma, you will not have to download a separate program to watch YouTube videos.

This is the link to the direct download.. THIS LINK WILL START THE DOWNLOAD PROCESS so be warned.

http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/

And this is the the site that gives you details about the program

http://kinoma.com/play/

I uploaded the latest version of TCPMP that works with WM 6.1...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TCPMP-Vogue6[1].1.CAB.zip (1.09 MB, 83 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Import Junky is a n00b

thanks, ill check it out.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

lol.. Just a heads up, but you know you can just click the button instead of writing thanks? It's more efficient that way...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

You're a pretty big advocate for Kinoma I've noticed, do you work for the company or something? I couldn't help but notice how many times I've seen that similar post on any thread about video.
I haven't checked it out, but I almost don't want to.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto Q

hsolow is a n00b

what flash player should be used for wm6.1. i installed the tcpmp player you uploaded and the flashvideobundle i had before and still wont play flash videos. id rather have the old wm if i cant watch watch youtube on my touch. kinda was the point in buying it. if you can help let me know
Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Big MVP Diesel

lol... No... I just get enthusiastic about products that work the way they are supposed to... I have used Windows Media Player, TCPMP, Kinoma, and some others... I use the similar post because its mostly copy and pasted, with edits to fit the context.. Most of the questions are similiar anyway... But I do try to help the person out, as in the above post...

Even though I prefer Kinoma, I found the TCPMP fix for him.. The reason why I like it so much is that it fulfills a lot of needs that users have... Most people who use the Mogul and want to watch videos, want to watch YouTube... Kinoma does that for them... Also, if they use Kinoma, they don't have to download many seperate programs to do many jobs... They can use just one program... While I do suggest Kinoma a lot, I am open to all media players... I just want to help people out with their issues... I have found Kinoma to be a great fix... And it helps its free.. Kinoma does have its faults though.. And if I find a better program, I will support that to my fullest..

Don't not check it out because of my enthusiasm.. At the worst, you can delete the program off your Mogul.. Thank you for pointing this out to me though..
Old 11-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto Q

hsolow is a n00b

diesregard the last post i made. it is working now. thanks. also will the kinoma and tcpmp both work with both installed
Old 11-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Cool... Happy to help you out...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Import Junky is a n00b

the kinoma seems to work well. but i still cant get youtube to work on tcpmp. the reason being no matter how many times i install the flash bundle it never seems to come up in programs... ughh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan