PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

dmaul3300 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
picture folder question

I have a sprint mogul and am running vetvitos black pill rom. A few weeks ago whenever I would take a picture or video, it would create a folder and have the date and then after the date have 00001 behind the date. If i took pictures at a later time in the day it would have 00002. it never did this before.

example: 11-21-2008 00001

I want it to have the date 11-21-2008. i DONT want the 00001 behind it. I dont know of any changes I have made in the past few weeks other then adding some mp3s to my storage card and updating to the new slick,nfl mobile and windows live. I looked on the website and checked some registry hacks that i made several months back. I have the pictures going to my storage card.

Store Pictures Automatically in a Time Stamped Folder:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Captparam\
DWORD Value: EnableDateFolder
DWORD Data: 1

Allow Date & Time File Name Prefix:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\General
DWORD Value: FilenameType
DWORD Data: 1

To change the path of the saved pictures and video to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures, edit the registry:
HKLM\software\htc\camera\General
- change EnableDCIM from 1 to 0.

again I havent made any registry changes for a few months. this started a couple of weeks ago.i went to move the pictures from my phone to pc and noticed folders had the extra characters at the end. Some folders were blank. If I opened the camera and DIDNT take a picture,it would create a folder and save it on my storage card but the folder was blank. sometimes I might see a picture I want to get and by the time I get my camera ready, its too late.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: picture folder question

I understand what you are saying and trying to do but you are saying all your pics would just have the date. Well thats a bit impossible to ONLY have just the date as the filename because no two files can have the exact same filename or else one will overwrite the other. This is why the camera adds the counting prexif to the end of the file name. I think the Viewing or Sorting in the folder you are looking in has changed and you THINK they all just had just the date but really had more in the filename itself.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dmaul3300 is just getting started

the folder is what i am referring to. sorry i wasnt more specific. that is correct, there cant be 2 files with the same name. the pictures are named normally image_111, image_112 etc. which i have no problems with this. normally after i copy the pictures to my pc, i will rename the pictures.

its not really a big deal BUT if there were a way to get it to where the folder doesnt have the extra characters behind it, it would be nice. If I cant figure it out, i might not have them put in a time stamped folder.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ah I got you. So you want the directory path to where they are saved to be back to the original location correct? I hope Im 100% following you on this.

See if you can use Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3 as in it there are options to specify directory paths for several things including the camera.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan