PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Provisioning Issues

I may be a moron, so bear with me, but I actually found something out today: I got a refurb'd Mogul from my store (charger connector bad, white spots) and cooked a few ROM's that day but could never get the data connection. Sprint tech support told me they were having problems with provisioning over the last couple of weeks, gave me a $100 credit on my account and tried to walk me through setting it up. I told him I noticed that my username wasn't showing up correctly on the Device Information screen, so he walks me through some stuff. One of the ## codes would not take, so they sent me a brand new one overnight. I got it last night, turned it on and reset before the customizations ran, as usual. I activated the phone and this morning... still no data! Called tech support again and found out a couple of things:

##786# is an RTN reset. Basically a hard-reset but also resets your MDN and MSID and apparently your data username and password. Once the phone reset I had to re-input the MDN and MSID and another reset. I didn't get to do the soft-reset in time before customizations ran and I noticed that with all of the extra BS that loads, IOTA.CAB also runs.

So if you get a replacement phone, you ABSOLUTELY MUST let the customizations run initially to allow the IOTA.cab to install. Connect to the internet, or manually push the data provisioning. If you go to Device Information in the Settings screen you can verify your username is correct. If it gives you something like your phones HEX ESN@htm.sprint.com, the provisioning hasn't gone through yet. It should be some form of your first initial and last name @sprintpcs.com. After that, you can perform a normal hard-reset or cook a new ROM and your provisioning data stays intact. Feel free to reset before the customizations take place now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan