PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRI update experience

I never updated my PRI from 1.35 to 2.03 as I had everything working perfectly & saw no reason to do so.

I have been running nueROM3 basically since it was released in my everyday verizon xv6800 (I have two of them) that has a TON of programs/tweaks etc & it runs so perfectly that I have no desire to upgrade (or reflash for that matter) at this time.

I was getting almost instant gps locks after doing the agps tweaks etc & really never saw a reason to swap PRI's. I did read a post recently on XDA however stating some logical reasons why everyone should be running the latest PRI however (other than gps operation) so I decided WTF I might as well try it. If by some chance it messed up my system, I still have my other 6800 I can activate at anytime so I would still have a working phone for work.

Yesterday, I installed the cab to update to 2.03 & then ran the two necessary updates etc & everything worked perfectly. It did mess up my wireless sync setup (it actually deleted it), so I had to reinstall that from a cab on my extended ROM but after that it worked fine again.

I then redid all the agps stuff & was good to go. When I fired up the HTC gps viewer I got a very fast lock on at least 7 satellites in my kitchen so I knew the gps was working fine. This morning, on my way to work I fired up the gps viewer & immediately got a lock on 10 then 11 satellites (at one point, it actually had all 12 bars lit up green).

I couldn't believe it, I have used stand-alone gps units for years (I have a double din NAV unit built into my truck) & have never seen a lock like that before in my life. The unit in my truck locks very very fast, but the phone is now even faster & locks on to more satellites.

~John
Old 11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PRI update experience

Awesome. I use my phone for navigation sometimes too and that's really handy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan