PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

cwlanik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backup Question

If I get a new mogul and back it up with one of the backup programs such as SPB Backup, will it save my rom too (e.g. nuerom 3), or do I have to start from scratch?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Backup Question

That is a good question... Your best bet is to make sure that you have the ROM saved onto your computer... That way, when you get your new Mogul, you can just flash it back to the Nuerom 3 ROM. Make a list of all the programs you have in your ROM, and if it doesn't reflash, you know what you have to add in the kitchen. I hope that is helpful... Probably not.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlanik View Post
If I get a new mogul and back it up with one of the backup programs such as SPB Backup, will it save my rom too (e.g. nuerom 3), or do I have to start from scratch?
The BU program (I use SPB backup) does not affect your ROM at all, but it will restore to a new device after you flash to the same ROM.

I have two verizon xv6800's & I have flashed them to numerous different ROM's & then restored a BU from SPB using the "ROM upgrade" mode & everything worked perfectly.

I am using nueROM3 right now, & the BU I restored after the flash came from the other phone running dcd 3.2.6. That BU has a TON of programming/tweaks etc & the system has been working perfectly for over a month now.

The only things that didn't work correctly where the ones that only allow installing on one device at a time. Those had to be deactivated on the first system & then reactivated on the second.

~John
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I use SPB Clone and it makes an exact mirror self-exec image of everything on the phone including the ROM
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I use SPB Clone and it makes an exact mirror self-exec image of everything on the phone including the ROM
I didn't realize it did that. So if you do a restore, it reflashes the ROM every single time??

If that is actually the case, I wouldn't want that myself. I have two scenarios where I do a full restore. The first is where I am trying say a new beta program & it totally messes up (or totally locks up) the system. The second option is where I have flashed to a new/different ROM & then restore a BU using the "ROM upgrade" option.

In the first case, I don't want the existing ROM messed with. A simple hard reset & then a full restore gets it running perfectly again in ten minutes. In the second case, I obviously don't want the ROM reverted back.

~John
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Actually, I was just checking out SPB CLONE & it doesn't look to me like it does anything different than SPB Backup as far as restore/BU????

~John
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Being honest. IDK what the differences are but I know I have Clone and that what I use. I think it is more along the lines of a business class app where ITs can get one device how they want it for the company and then create a self-exec backup and load the card in another device and auto-load the same image without having to go through all the hassle of customizing on each device. Im sure there are some things that Clone covers that Backup doesnt but Im not totally sure of what. But then I was just reading about Backup and they say it also makes self-exec backups so IDK??

I shot them an email asking for the differences and got a response saying it could take up to 3 days so well see.......maybe

Last edited by weedahoe; 11-12-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I think it is more along the lines of a business class app where ITs can get one device how they want it for the company and then create a self-exec backup and load the card in another device and auto-load the same image without having to go through all the hassle of customizing on each device.
You're correct, it is designed for IT departments to set up multiple devices exactly the same (I work in IT & we use Ghost to do the same thing with multiple computers at work) That is talking about the OS & custom settings however, it shouldn't really touch/BU or have any affect on the ROM.

SPB BU also creates a self extracting restore image. I have six of those files on my storage card right now. Restoring any one of them has no affect on the ROM & I don't see how Clone would either (nor would you really want it to)

~John
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Well I got an response back from SPB but it had very little to do with what I asked (which was what were the diff between the two) so I giess they didnt read my email/question very well or got it mixed up with someone elses

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan