PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Velvis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A couple of nagging issues/questions

Hi All,

I have the Mogul on Sprint. I have used the kitchen and now am using nueroms pre 3 rom. I always trying to tweak my phone (as most of us here do) I have a few unanswered questions that I was hoping you guys might be able to answer.

1) Is it possible to remove unused apps from the base of Windows Mobile? For instance the picture viewer? or PIE and then install HTCs Album viewer and Opera instead? (The moguls lack of ram is why I ask)

2) Can the data disconnected bubble be disabled? (It pops up when a phone call comes in)

3) Can activesync REALLY be made to stop running? (I never sync with a PC, and I tried a number of threads I found here, but no matter what that starts running again)

4) Is it possible to get push email for a Hotmail account WITHOUT using the 2MB Windows live program? Once I set up and configure my account I NEVER run the Windows live program. I just use the messenging app. I tried uninstalling Windows live but it takes the settings with it. It also doesnt have the ability to be installed to a SD card. Again this issue is because of the Moguls limited ram....I hate having a 2mb app that I basically just used to set something up. Is there a less memory hungry alternative?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: A couple of nagging issues/questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvis View Post

1) Is it possible to remove unused apps from the base of Windows Mobile? For instance the picture viewer? or PIE and then install HTCs Album viewer and Opera instead? (The moguls lack of ram is why I ask)
No, unfortunately there isn't (at least I've never figured out a way to do it)

~John
Old 11-08-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gpgorbosjr is just getting started

I actually like PIE.

I was ticked because I installed Opera and when I opened a link in an e-mail or text it would open Opera to view it. In my opinion Opera is a bit of a waist on the Titan. Takes for ever to load up, freezes a lot, and I find it hard to get the hardware keyboard to work right.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

nonzenze is a n00b

You don't understand the difference between RAM (where running programs are) and ROM (where programs are stored). Uninstalling unused programs will get you more ROM but not more RAM.

The only way to get more RAM is to use a task manager to find running tasks and disable them. NueROM pretty much already removed all such non-essentail tasks, so I would be very careful messing with the rest.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Velvis is a n00b

yes, but wouldnt removing stuff from the rom before cooking it and making it smaller leave a larger ram area once it was running?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan