PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Lurker

kabobcat13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry IE starts randomly when Sprint Mogul phone is on

I am beyond frustrated after reinstalling the newest ROM for my Spring Mogul--the problem I was trying to rectify is still here:

1. none of the external buttons on the Mogul function except for the power button
2. Internet Explorer randomly turns on, then refreshes itself, every 30 seconds. It is beyond irritating!

Does anyone have any fixes for either problem?

THANKS!

Last edited by kabobcat13; 10-13-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: IE starts randomly when Sprint Mogul phone is on

So what page does it go to or try to go to? What software on your device do you have that is trying to dial out and connect?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kabobcat13 is a n00b

It just tries to open whichever page it was last on. There aren't any programs associated with the internet now, as I've flashed the phone and removed every file from my storage card.

Any suggestions from anyone? The dead buttons I can live with...the IE interrupting me every 30 seconds is too much!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

When you say flash are you meaning hard reset, flashed new ROM, hard reset again and synced contacts and without any apps installed on the device IE still opens?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kabobcat13 is a n00b

Correct, did all of the above with absolutely no extraneous programs installed besides those which come with the stock ROM. It was also the latest ROM version on the HTC site. Also cleared the storage card 100%--but didn't reformat b/c I don't know how. Might that be the issue?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

So to clarify are you using a stock ROM or a custom ROM. I see you say stock but I just wanna make sure because Im running out of ideas. As for the card, if that was the issue you could simply remove the card and see if IE still starts up on its own. I guess worst case senario you could use another browser, set it to default and see what you get.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kabobcat13 is a n00b

Yep, a stock ROM...I wish I knew how to create a custom (perhaps I'll do some digging on how) because I would love to completely disable IE and install Opera or something like that to see if it did the trick.

How exactly do you set another browser to default, do you know?

I tried to remove the card a few times, even taking it out when flashing my phone, but that didn't seem to help. I'm starting to really believe this is a hardware problem, but it just seems so hard to believe...thank you for your help!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kabobcat13 is a n00b

So, for anyone out there like me who was desperately searching for an answer to this--it HAS been solved...not by me, of course. Someone suggested switching the IE button on the Mogul to be set to "none". Seems so easy right? Apparently it was a hardware problem after all!

My guess is that somehow the IE button is stuck, tripping the sensor, not allowing any of the other buttons to function at the same time. I guess now the question becomes: how to "unstick" that button so that the others will function again?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Well you could take it apart, deal with it or file a claim for a new device. Glad you got it working though. Making your own ROM BTW isnt hard at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan