PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Starcom 6700
Carrier: Iusacell

Jesus Treviño is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Main battery very low, HTC Titan Issue, help please.

Hi there guys, I have recently bought an HTC Titan from Alltel (the black one) and noticed that it says the warning message "Main Battery Very Low" even if its at 100% of its capacity (verified this with another titan) I thought that it was a software issue, so I didnt worried about it.

Sadly I have already build and cooked my rom, updated everything and it works great, but I receive the same error, main battery very low, also if I connect the usb cable or the wall charger it doesnt shows the charging state, I mean, it says that its charging but if you open the battery metter instead of showing the increasing and decreasing percentage bar it just says at "0%" and thats all.

Also I have already verified if the phone charges the battery and everything... it does, the phone charges the battery and everything works normally, it just dont stops giving the message, and it also turns the phone off eventually.

Any suggestions? hardware issue? whats going on? =/.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b
Re: Main battery very low, HTC Titan Issue, help please.

Whew! theres a lot of activity on this forum.

Have anyone heard of this issue?

Its a common issue?

Could be a software or hardware issue?

I have of course already made a hard reset, and as I explained, the phone charges and detects the battery, its just that it always says "battery very low" and it even turns off.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What happens when you use the 3.35 ROM?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P4000
Carrier: Telus

Lt_TAZ is a n00b

You should go to you retailler and change the battery because what you're experiencing is usually a warning that the battery is going to melt.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If that is true, how hot is the battery?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Im using the 3.35 rom, its the same issue

I'm going to try swapping the battery taz, but I don't think it will work, I have already tried the same abttery on another titan and it works perfect, but didnt tried another battery with that titan, tomorrow I will and lets see what happends.

The battery it as usual, cold, fine, everything seems normal.

Thanks a lot for your answers guys, lets see if someone manages to have the correct solution thanks again.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Done, already tried another battery that shows 100% in another phone and same issue.

It could be a hardware issue? I know it could be, but it doesnt sounds as... its really weird, everything works just prefectly fine, everything, but it keeps saying that the battery is at "0%" and it turns off after a few minutes, if I plug the phone into the charger it doesnt turns on, and as I said, it also charges the battery, but anyway it doesnt shows it.

Make your guess...

In the meantime I'll try to reflash again and use one of those custom battery metters, never tried them before, so it may sound as I doesnt know what am I saying... guess what... you're right, but better try .

Suggestions are welcome!!!

Thanks a lot for reading!.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

oniisan608 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to oniisan608

Definitely sounds like you should bring the phone back into Alltel and tell them what's going on.

I would also suggest looking at the contacts on the battery and on the phone itself to make sure they're not dirty and that they're making a good connection. Although, if it WERE dirty, and the Mogul were (supposed to be) brand new, I'd wonder about the integrity of the Alltel store you shopped at...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniisan608 View Post
Definitely sounds like you should bring the phone back into Alltel and tell them what's going on.

I would also suggest looking at the contacts on the battery and on the phone itself to make sure they're not dirty and that they're making a good connection. Although, if it WERE dirty, and the Mogul were (supposed to be) brand new, I'd wonder about the integrity of the Alltel store you shopped at...

Return the item its not an option, I have to find a way on how to repair it by myself or send it to repair knowing whats the issue in this case

I have already verified the contacts, but its kinda weird becuase if the battery is being charged and detected, everything in the contacts is supposed to be fine, right?.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well I think that after you reflash and try another or new ROM and IF it still does it then take it back. You have already tried another battery and if flashing it doesnt work then that rules out battery and software and only leaves hardware issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan