PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 USCellular
Carrier: US Cellular

regiteye is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC PPC6800 where can i get WM 6.1 update for US Cellular??

Hello all,
I have a HTC PPC6800 from US Cellular, and im trying to find out how i can get Windows Mobile 6.1 for it? I can not find anything on US Cellulars site nor is my model listed on www.htc.com im guessing i can load the sprint mogul but then what happens if i need to call US Cellular for help that will change default stuff like dial .... to get this info and such right? any sugestions?
i saw a video showing that 6.1 has Texting the way i want showing your your reply as part of the inbox with "me:what you reply" under it. For this alone i want WM6.1 Might sound crazy but rather do that then install cody's thread thing or the springmogul one. any info or ideas is much appricated. thank you.
Also not sure the mogul has Infrared mine does. Mine has Voice Command. Mine doesnt have GPS but some of the 6800 for other carriers might? if i use a rom like that do i lose my Infrared and such things my phone does have that thiers dont?

Regiteye

Last edited by regiteye; 09-27-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: HTC PPC6800 where can i get WM 6.1 update for US Cellular??

Not sure about the infrared stuff. Should be there. Mines got voice command. This option would not be an official US Cellular release. So if you were to bring in your phone you would have to flash back to the last official US Cellular rom before hand.

Could upgrade to a custom rom from the ppckitchen. DCD's roms over at xda, or no2chem's rom.

Also you could just install the official sprint rom. Just make sure that you DO NOT let the customizations run after the rom loads for the first time. You must soft reset before this happens. Get your stylus ready youll only have 3 seconds once it shows up on screen. This is really important.

Then you would install the appropriate dcd carrier cab for US Cellular.
Carrier Cabs Here
http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

That would make the phone a US Cellular phone. Setting up voice/data and gps settings. You would only have to do this if you arent using the ppckitchen. In the ppckitchen you can choose your carrier from a drop down list.

Also take a look at this thread if your leaning towards the custom roms.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

Last edited by reeg420; 09-27-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

regiteye is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Not sure about the infrared stuff. Should be there. Mines got voice command. This option would not be an official US Cellular release. So if you were to bring in your phone you would have to flash back to the last official US Cellular rom before hand.

Could upgrade to a custom rom from the ppckitchen. DCD's roms over at xda, or no2chem's rom.

Also you could just install the official sprint rom. Just make sure that you DO NOT let the customizations run after the rom loads for the first time. You must soft reset before this happens. Get your stylus ready youll only have 3 seconds once it shows up on screen. This is really important.

Then you would install the appropriate dcd carrier cab for US Cellular.
Carrier Cabs Here
http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

That would make the phone a US Cellular phone. Setting up voice/data and gps settings. You would only have to do this if you arent using the ppckitchen. In the ppckitchen you can choose your carrier from a drop down list.

Also take a look at this thread if your leaning towards the custom roms.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
How do i get a copy of my OLD ROM if somthing goes wrong? remember im US Cellular and they dont seem to make anyting avalible at all
when u flash new ROMs does it back up the OLD? 100% sure?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

No it will not back up your old rom. You would have to get that first.

In a post dated the middle of last month over at xda they said US Cellular is one of the only ones left that they dont have an original official rom to reflash if you need to. They said it is being worked on. Im not sure how long til its released but it might already be soon.

Dcd has already posted a rom dump of the official USCC rom. But Im not seeing anything other than that.\\

EDIT: If your feeling brave heres the link to the rom dump...its in post #6 by dcd1182
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=Cellular+rom

and here are some directions that will tell you how you might go about making that a flashable rom. I looked at it and quickly became overwhelmed. lol. I couldnt figure out where in those directions to start at. Its directions for a hermes rom but mogul will be similar.
http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/How...t_a_Hermes_ROM

Last edited by reeg420; 09-27-2008 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

regiteye is a n00b

Thanks Reeg will read it and see if i dear

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan