PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard Problem

So I had been experiencing a keyboard issue with my Mogul where I would type 'h' and 'hh' would appear. Not a big deal, just annoying after awhile. It happened with a few other keys, but not as much compared to the 'h' key.

I had remembered reading about a keyboard issue awhile back and had downloaded the .cab to fix the issue. Not knowing exactly what the issue was, I ran the .cab file on my phone today because I had it saved on my storage card and wondered if it would fix my 'hh' problem. The .cab is called is SuperDave's Keyboard Fix. I ran it out of order (suppose to run the trusted cert first, then the fix) and now nothing but the screen responds.

I read that I need to delete the keybddr.dll in the registry but am not sure where to find it. Can anyone help me with the path so that I can locate this .dll?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jpruett79 is a n00b
Re: Keyboard Problem

I had the same problem with the y key on my original mogul. The one i have now got dropped and i had the problem with almost every key for about a week. Now that has cleared up for the most part but still have the problem on a couple keys. I figured it was just a crappy keyboard.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You may want to hard reset to fix that. But I'll attach the cab for you.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try this file guys.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XV6800 QWERTY Keyboard Fix 1-9-08.zip (95.4 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I will have to try that later when I get home from work. I hope that it works! However I fear that it won't because I tried a form of that, I believe, to no avail. But like I said, I will try it, thanks for your input.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

madjokeer is keeping up the good workmadjokeer is keeping up the good work

ya this fixed the problem for me... it replaces the older .dll file for the keyboard.. and now works beautifully
Attached Files
File Type: zip XV6800 QWERTY Keyboard Fix 1-9-08.zip (95.4 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT WORKED!! Thank you so much now my wait until Oct. 19 is a little bit better.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yo, Mr Obvious helped you out,please hit the thanks button=D>
Old 09-24-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Ele7eN is becoming a great contributor

that was driving me crazy! i thought it was a hardware issue, so i've just been dealing with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan