PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ICS Control Config?

I tried following the "Help" in ICS Control, and I haven't had any luck.

I select my "Cellular Line" for my Public Interface, and "USB Cable" for the Private Interface, set my Private IP to "192.168.2.1", and set Auto Connect to "Verizon".

When I connect the phone to my laptop, ActiveSync starts up, and no network connection occurs.

Is there a guide on configuring ICS Control?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: ICS Control Config?

yes, i would like a guide very much, although I am trying to make it over wi fi instead of USB, because you can just use the regular ICS program, no need for ICS control when you are connecting over USB.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

The only way I've ever used the ICS Control is to use it to broadcast my cellular data across wifi. Setting public interface to Cellular Line and Private interface to TNETW12511. Then checkmark the box that says "Set Private IP" But that involves setting up an SSID name in the network card section of wifi by selecting menu-> add new, then giving your network a name and selecting ad-hoc mode. You can give it that same IP address that you saw in ICS Control as "Private IP". Then when you have all of it running, you should see your newly named network show up on the network list on your laptop's wireless networks screen.

For laptop tethering I've always just found it easier to use the USB cord and WM6 Internet connection sharing which I believe is a manditory part of the WM6 roms. I link to the application through my 10 button comm manager.

Here is the forum over at XDA where people have gone through all different types of configs with this really incredible software...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047

Last edited by veedubguru; 06-26-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I have tried the above with my ipod touch, and it can see my network and connect, but no internet access, I don't know what i have done wrong. Also if you have set private IP in ICS Control, then do u need to go change the settings for the network adapter, I believe it does the same thing when you check the box.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff

Let me retest. I'll post back in 10 minutes.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Well, I've been messing with this for about an hour at work now and nadda. I had it working through the settings I described PRIOR to the radio and ROM update to 6.1.

Not sure if it's something in the rom / radio that's holding us back... Will research more tonight.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Success! Working 100%!

Here's how I made it work on my 6800. I'm posting over ICS wifi on a laptop.

1. Turn on your phones wifi switch
2. GO to start - settings - connections - wifi
3. Click on add new
4. Give your network a name where it says SSID
5. In the drop down box pick "work"
6. Check mark device to device network and hit next
7. Authentication = Open
8. Data Encryption = Disabled hit next
9. Click finish.
10. Bottom of main window select Network Adaptors tab.
11. Change drop down box to "The Internet"
12. Go to laptop and do a search for wireless networks. Connect to your new one.
13. Open ICS Control
14. Scroll down to bottom and click Set All Defaults, then go back to top
15. Public Interface = Cellular Line
16. Private Interface = TNETW12511
17. Check "Set private ip" and in drop down pick 10.0.10.1
18. Select Auto Connect to network and pick your providers connection in the drop down
19. UNCHECK Allow Suspend mode.
20. Power off wifi by tripping switch on side of 6800, then turn back on. give it a minute and double check to make sure it's connected to the laptop again on both ends. if not, go back to the laptop and open the "Search for networks" box again and connect to it.

ON ICS CONTROL CLICK "START ICS" Give it a minute to connect to your cell provider and then give the laptop a try. It should have active internet connection with NO CORDS!!!

Side note. IF you are having problems, make sure that in your network connections on the LAPTOP that none are displayed as shared. TURN OFF SHARING ON ANY THAT ARE. That was totally screwing me up by changing IP adressess on my wireless card after ICS did.

Another side note. While using, you might want to set the phone up to not auto power down when not used. This caused me some disconnect issues.

If this worked for anyone, hit that thanks button.

I'm AUDI.....

Last edited by veedubguru; 06-27-2008 at 10:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I followeed your instructions and it worked great,I even setup WEP keys on it,worked fine.Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

No problem at all. I might mention I also found a bug with the 6800 wifi. Not sure why it does this, could be radio, rom, who knows...

When I shut off wifi at the switch, then soft reset, I see the wifi connection trying to initiate at the top of the screen as soon as it boots back up. Causes my GPS to not lock, or take like an hour or two before it wants to work again

Doesn't do it if I turn off wifi in the comm manager before shutting off the switch, so I guess that's my work around. Anyone else notice this?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
No problem at all. I might mention I also found a bug with the 6800 wifi. Not sure why it does this, could be radio, rom, who knows...

When I shut off wifi at the switch, then soft reset, I see the wifi connection trying to initiate at the top of the screen as soon as it boots back up. Causes my GPS to not lock, or take like an hour or two before it wants to work again

Doesn't do it if I turn off wifi in the comm manager before shutting off the switch, so I guess that's my work around. Anyone else notice this?
I have this exact same problem,what i did was ,as soon as you see the wifi symbol shows up when reboot your phone,turn the wifi switch on,then off,that fixed the issue for me,try it to see if it works for u.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan