PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: sling box for mogul

I love mine.....the quality is outstanding....even better on the HD channels......I also use it on my laptops when I go out and sit in my Gazebo.....it is way better than Orb......
Old 09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
after feb. these are going to have to be hooked directly up to a cable box when cable goes digital and gets encrypted... i believe
Unless they start making a digital one or are able to do a firmware upgrade (doubt it) you will either have to hook them up to a cable box or a digital converter box that you see on the tv commericals about Feb 2009.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Fitefreak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1492 View Post
Unless they start making a digital one or are able to do a firmware upgrade (doubt it) you will either have to hook them up to a cable box or a digital converter box that you see on the tv commericals about Feb 2009.
I thought this was just for people with rabbit ears. Won't Cable companies still offer analog after Feb 2009?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

riphamilton is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitefreak View Post
I thought this was just for people with rabbit ears. Won't Cable companies still offer analog after Feb 2009?
correct. nothing to worry about.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

Quote:
depends... and if it goes digital i believe the content is encrypted... therefore they may need to make a slingbox with a cable card port... or the slingbox with have to be plugged into a cable box which means you have to rent an additional one each month... SUCKS
Old 09-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just to clarify...I wanna watch my regular HD DVR on my Diamond (when it comes out next week). My computer, cable modem and linksys are in a room downstairs. Can I connect my HD DVR to the Slingbox and have it wirelessly connected to the router/modem in the other room or do they have to be hardwired?

Also, does anyone have any screen shots of the UI? I assume the Slingbox doesn't even need to be connected to the TV since the output will be on the phone anyway, correct?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

I have two slingbox's (one at my CHicago home and one in ny MN) and they both work great with the mogul. Between that and the Sirius application I can get everything I need in the car and when I travel.

Is there away to get the volume to come out of the bluetooth handsfree? That's the one wish I have. I notice when I am getting a phone call or a message the sling audio does play on my bluetooth speaker for a second.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Fitefreak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
Just to clarify...I wanna watch my regular HD DVR on my Diamond (when it comes out next week). My computer, cable modem and linksys are in a room downstairs. Can I connect my HD DVR to the Slingbox and have it wirelessly connected to the router/modem in the other room or do they have to be hardwired?
jmorton10 has what you need. Check post #4 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmnbob View Post
Is there away to get the volume to come out of the bluetooth handsfree? That's the one wish I have. I notice when I am getting a phone call or a message the sling audio does play on my bluetooth speaker for a second.
This may work http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...btogglebt.html
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

I have a Slingbox Pro with an HD adapter. I can watch HD channels on the phone and can setup, record, and watch programs on the Comcast DVR. It is nice to be able to record things like Dr. Who if you don't make it home on time.

I had to get the adapter because I have the original Slingbox Pro. Sling Media is coming out with an HD box that won't require that. Check for that before buying if you have HD.

There are a couple of Sling boxes now that connect to digital cable boxes. I don't know if the original analog version will work after 2/09.

Donna
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

You are correct, I didn't put enough info in that statement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan