PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sling box for mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1492 View Post

Hey jmorton10, I though verizon frowned upoin slingboxs since they are not made, supported, controled by verizon..
That's news to me. When I signed up for an unlimited data connection, I told the Verizon rep that one reason I wanted it was for Slingbox use & he told me "that should work just fine"

~John
Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I'm not really sure what rules Verizon has on this stuff.

I use my data connection all day/every day at work five days a week for either Sling Mobile or listening to the NFL channel on Sirius.

I told all this to the Verizon guy when I signed up, & he basically said that was the kind of use that the unlimited data plan was for........

~John
Old 09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro!!!!
Carrier: sprint

kenny2182 is a n00b

how much better is the slingbox than say using orb? the only thing i have found on this is that using orb is free and with slingbox you have to buy the equipment? can someone please explain some more differences? thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep911 View Post
was interested in getting sling box for the sole purpose of being bored at work, im sure most can relate. wondering how well it runs on the mogul. i really would just like to get some input from the geek family of the pros and cons , and any advise on which unit to purchase and all that noise. any help will be met with much thanks

ph
Slingbox is in fact the next best thing since slice bread and yes it works pretty good on the mogul, of course depending on internet speeds. If you go to their website, www.slingmedia.com, they have a couple of different models to choose from depending on what kind of setup you have at home. So what might be perfect for me may not work for you and so on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny2182 View Post
how much better is the slingbox than say using orb? the only thing i have found on this is that using orb is free and with slingbox you have to buy the equipment? can someone please explain some more differences? thanks
I found it to be 100 times better than live TV from ORB (& I've done it both ways)

In my case anyway, the image is FAR better from the Slingbox plus I had constant problems with ORB freezing up halfway through a movie or losing the connection right at the best part............

I have none of those problems with SB, I just turn it on & it works fine until I shut it down (even if I'm driving down the road)

~John
Old 09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
cg1492

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That's news to me. When I signed up for an unlimited data connection, I told the Verizon rep that one reason I wanted it was for Slingbox use & he told me "that should work just fine"

~John
The problem is that reps cannot be trusted, they are there to tell you what you want to hear. But if you have been using it without any issues then verizon may not have a issue with it. Come august I may go back to the wireless nazi.

As far a slingbox / player goes whatvere is on you home tv is now on your phone. I have no experience with orb so I cannot speak on its behalf. But if you literaly want to take your home tv with you any where you have a net connection it is awsome. My buddyu bought one just to watch hockey playoff games while he was on vacation in hawaii.

Last edited by cg1492; 09-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
one of my main concerns was weather or not the video stream was choppy in anyway. also if im watching tv say on my phone and my girlfriend is using the cable box am i limited to what she is watching and vis versa .... cause damn i dont think i could stand watching crappy crick shows and movies

ph
if yo[U] have thee latest version of the Sling Mobile Software and your Slingbox Firmware is up to date then the streaming quality is awesome. Also, to help with the streaming, you might want to upgrade your catV5 cable to the new catv6. (Much faster and renders pics, movies, and all other media downloads at lightening speed) Just make sure the catV cable from your router to your Cable Modem and your catV from your router to your Slingbox is CatV6.

Last edited by Goddbody; 09-08-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: ppcgeeks and sprint
Threadstarter

Jeep911 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Jeep911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeep911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
To add to this, my Sling Mobile works perfectly 99% of the time while driving down the road in my truck.........

~John
is that safe to do my friend ... or is it safe to say that you were a passenger
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

after feb. these are going to have to be hooked directly up to a cable box when cable goes digital and gets encrypted... i believe
Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: sling box for mogul

Quote:
is that safe to do my friend ... or is it safe to say that you were a passenger
Slingplayer Mobile has an audio only option, so you can listen to news stations (CNN, FOX etc) on Satellite TV just as if you are listening to the radio...... unless we are going to start legislating against the use of a radio in a car/truck as a form of distraction to driving.

Last edited by nmhusa; 09-09-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Correction in spelling

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan