PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Memory running low

Is there any way to get more memory out of the 6800? I have plenty of storage space but keep running out of program memory. Is there a way to get programs to run on the MicroSD card? I love this phone but hate how fast the program memory can be eaten up. The biggest problem is that the camera takes up so much memory to run. Any suggestions??
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Memory running low

You can get some apps to run on the card and most will work just fine as long as they are not needed all the time or have plugins on the the today screen. IDK about these issues on the 68 but it was a big NO-NO to run apps of the card if they run constantly in the background or are needed as soon as the phone is pulled out of sleep. Ringers and tones were not to be on the card either because of latency issues. Also, get a memory manager that will CLOSE the app and give you back that memory and not just minimize the app and leave it running in the background.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
You can get some apps to run on the card and most will work just fine as long as they are not needed all the time or have plugins on the the today screen. IDK about these issues on the 68 but it was a big NO-NO to run apps of the card if they run constantly in the background or are needed as soon as the phone is pulled out of sleep. Ringers and tones were not to be on the card either because of latency issues. Also, get a memory manager that will CLOSE the app and give you back that memory and not just minimize the app and leave it running in the background.
Seems to me you are running apps in the background. Also, you need to clean up your pocket pc just like a regular pc. You need to delete the cookies and history items from any browsers that you are using..
if you send text messages get rid of all old text, and old mms files if you send pictures etc... check out my ppc maintenance tutorial.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Using a task manager it is showing that I have ~ 22MB worth of apps running but my ppc says I have only 4MB of memory left out of 49MB. So where is the rest of the 27MB of memory at???
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

The Operating System is hogging the rest.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Get either MemMaid or SKTools to keep your ppc happy.

late,
Coz
Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

big +1 for memmaid and sktools. i had the same problem awhile back and coz told me the same advice and now no problems with memory. thanx coz! (or mr. top poster) lol
Old 09-02-2008, 11:46 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

And seriously, normal WM6/6.1 eats a LOT of ram, for a device with 64MB its not at all unusual to have 18-22MB free right after a reset, with it dropping to 15-18MB free after a day or so, with all apps closed but all of the various drivers loaded and buffers allocated.

Thats why devices with 128MB ram run so much better
Old 09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

or u could change ur page pool size in build os to 8 or 10 that may help

Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
And seriously, normal WM6/6.1 eats a LOT of ram, for a device with 64MB its not at all unusual to have 18-22MB free right after a reset, with it dropping to 15-18MB free after a day or so, with all apps closed but all of the various drivers loaded and buffers allocated.

Thats why devices with 128MB ram run so much better
After resetting I still only have 4-5MB of program memory. What is eating up all of the memory? Storage shows I have 73MB available. I don't get it. Like I said, task manager has 23MB of apps running.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan