PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

chocjeezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about Youtube and WM 6.1

So I recently upgraded to the latest sprint stock ROM (yay threaded text messages) And was going through my check list of programs to install and it seems that my youtube player no longer works. Now i tried searching and came up with nothing maybe i didnt use the right words or didnt do the handshake. but if someone can tell me if im doing something wrong or if there are new files for the updated ROM.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

co0kiemonsta86o is a n00b
Re: Question about Youtube and WM 6.1

i am also having the same issues with my youtube or any video site ever since the 6.1 update...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

If you want to watch youtube videos there are many solutions, personally I found vtap to be the best, as it gets me videos from all across the internet not just youtube, and it is easy to use and works well. to download it, just go to www.vtap.com on your phone using PIE.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:17 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocjeezy View Post
So I recently upgraded to the latest sprint stock ROM (yay threaded text messages) And was going through my check list of programs to install and it seems that my youtube player no longer works. Now i tried searching and came up with nothing maybe i didnt use the right words or didnt do the handshake. but if someone can tell me if im doing something wrong or if there are new files for the updated ROM.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by co0kiemonsta86o View Post
i am also having the same issues with my youtube or any video site ever since the 6.1 update...
Here try these....should work after that....the flash video bundle has more than just youtube...

the link below is also great....personally I use both....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=385227

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

chocjeezy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Here try these....should work after that....the flash video bundle has more than just youtube...

the link below is also great....personally I use both....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=385227
that fixed it... thanks alot... guessed these files were more up to date than the ones i had... thanx a million
Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

davestewart1014 is a n00b

from flyers2114: "Here try these....should work after that....the flash video bundle has more than just youtube...

the link below is also great....personally I use both...."

flyers, did you mean to post an additional link to the one to fourm.xda? Was it edited out in the ". . ."? I plan to try the link to xda, but I also wanted to try your other option(s). Thanks.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestewart1014 View Post
from flyers2114: "Here try these....should work after that....the flash video bundle has more than just youtube...

the link below is also great....personally I use both...."

flyers, did you mean to post an additional link to the one to fourm.xda? Was it edited out in the ". . ."? I plan to try the link to xda, but I also wanted to try your other option(s). Thanks.
I don't remember what I posted over there.....but these will work....

The link is youtubrplayer.........the cabs are TCPMP recomp 3 and the latest flash video bundle....
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Youtubeplayer plays in awful quality and the interface is terrible. Three better options:

1. Flash Video Bundle + TCPMP OR CorePlayer (better)
2. Coreplayer's built in Youtube browser
3. The Skyfire browser (best all around since it does a lot more video sites then just youtube).
Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you can tweek the files on tcmp , that helps a ton. change the buffering to get rid of lip sync. lots you can change, just play with it.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-30-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Youtubeplayer plays in awful quality and the interface is terrible. Three better options:

1. Flash Video Bundle + TCPMP OR CorePlayer (better)
2. Coreplayer's built in Youtube browser
3. The Skyfire browser (best all around since it does a lot more video sites then just youtube).

Are you running a rom with direct draw.....cause mine work flawlessly.....and I do use Skyfire sometimes....but the bundle has a lot of sites to.....

Last edited by flyers2114; 08-30-2008 at 09:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan