PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dontony is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help, text messaging problem

Hello all,

I seem to be having a problem with my text messaging, i have the stock verizon 6800 rom and since about an hour ago, i've tried texting back to some messages ive gotten but can only type 25 characters out of the 160, then the phone freezes and i have to soft reset in order for it to work again. After the bootup i attempt to type a text and the same thing happens. I also tried signing online to my yahoo email from my phone and tried reply to my emails but the same thing happens, i can only type 25 characters and the phone freezes. How can i fix this?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Help, text messaging problem

maybe time for a hard reset. i can't think of anything else. if you decide to go this route, remember to back up before anything

Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
maybe time for a hard reset. i can't think of anything else. if you decide to go this route, remember to back up before anything
damn thats a little harsh on the phone
but seriously that's the route i have to take? and any suggetions on what to use for the backup before the hard reset? i used to have a free trial for a backup version of some software but its expired so i need a new backup software. and how do I do a hard reset? (have never done a hard reset before)
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, what are you wanting to backup? if it's just contacts and texts you can use pimbackup from here http://freewareppc.com/database/pimbackup.shtml
Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
well, what are you wanting to backup? if it's just contacts and texts you can use pimbackup from here http://freewareppc.com/database/pimbackup.shtml
yes this will do, thats all i believe i have to backup, being that all the other programs i have saved on the new memory card that i have. How long will the hard reset take and how do i do it?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

it's fast and easy. there are 2 ways to do it. first is to hold down the 2 buttons in front with the white dots on it and press on the reset button with the stylus. second is easier if you have this option. go into settings, system, then clear storage. simple as that

don't be afraid to use the thanks button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
it's fast and easy. there are 2 ways to do it. first is to hold down the 2 buttons in front with the white dots on it and press on the reset button with the stylus. second is easier if you have this option. go into settings, system, then clear storage. simple as that

don't be afraid to use the thanks button
thank you sir and i just did the hard reset. will post later to see if the text problem is solved.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

i'm not a "sir" but no problem, glad to help
Old 08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
i'm not a "sir" but no problem, glad to help
my apologies, thanx for the help
Old 08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I was going to tell you to try the Palm Threaded app before you hard reset but I guess its too late. Lemme know if you still need it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan