PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: Flashlight and Buttons

Yea have not had too much battery drain, although I have never really used it for more than 10 mins continuously.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

a camera app to read morse code. i was think that as soon as i read this thread. now that would be bad ***.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
a camera app to read morse code. i was think that as soon as i read this thread. now that would be bad ***.
or Braille
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, based on my quick tests, the flashlight itself takes ~60mAh, Highbeam takes at least 430mAh.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 AM
N00b

ktwombley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Why take up more memory? Here is a way to do it with out installing anything and taking up much more room.

First download the file I attached Flashlight.zip then unzip.

Second extract the file (Flashlight.exe) to your PPC.

Third copy the Flashlight.exe to your "My device - Windows" folder and past it.

Last recopy the flashlight.exe from the Windows folder where you just put it and go to "My Device - Windows - Start Menu -Programs"
and past a SHORT CUT. Rename the shortcut "Flashlight".

You should now have the Flashlight.exe in your "Windows" folder and also have a shortcut to flashlight in your "Programs" (My Device - Windows - Start Menu -Programs) folder.

Now all you have to do is go to your "Setting - Personal - Buttons" and change one of the buttons there to "Flashlight".
I use button #5 (Voice Dial I think) and when I press it the flashlight comes on and stays on till I press it again to shut it off.
Maybe you don't really understand what installing really consists of. Basically it's exactly what you've described...except automatic. Why go through all those extra steps when the end result is the same?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 AM
N00b

ktwombley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
What kind of features could it have, all that I really need from the flashlight is to turn it on with a button and turn it off with a button. Besides the timer feature i don't really see what else you would need.
What I'd like is a button to turn the flashlight on and the backlight off while the flashlight is on. When I need a flashlight I have to awkwardly place my palm over the whole screen so the glare from the backlight doesn't counteract the flashlight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:31 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
What I'd like is a button to turn the flashlight on and the backlight off while the flashlight is on. When I need a flashlight I have to awkwardly place my palm over the whole screen so the glare from the backlight doesn't counteract the flashlight.
I think of that when using it, but no2chem's got some (imo) bigger priorities right now, but if you see this consider it a feature request. otherwise I will request when that's up on nuerom.com

also depending on your backlight setting it can be the same draw as the flash-light. ie mine's set @ 1/2 and that takes ~50mah

edit; realize terminology is easy to mix up, but what really needed is the option to turn off the screen like a pwr button suspend (with-out the suspend) (this is called "blank screen" in s2u2)

ed2; how about the option to wake the screen with the camera button, and a long hold will snap a picture first?? anyone like that idea?
(that way I can document where I loose my keys all the time..)

Last edited by shaggylive; 08-24-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
Maybe you don't really understand what installing really consists of. Basically it's exactly what you've described...except automatic. Why go through all those extra steps when the end result is the same?
Ya I dont think so. For one if you just install something it installs to to main device takes up space and with all the folders and uninstall info it has a larger footprint than my way.

Second: The size of the cabs above are larger than my .exe so that right there takes up more room.

Third: If you do one of the above ways you'll have to install the "flashlight cab" and then also the cab to map a "button". Thats 2 cabs also larger than my post.

Its kinda like saying,"I can do this reg edit manually or I can install a cab to do it".
One takes up space one don't.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-24-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: MOGUL!!
Carrier: PPCGEEKS i just pay SPRINT 'cause i like to text

hibby is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
In my opinion this flashlight is the best.....built by NO2Chem.....give it a try.....more functions to play with....
that is thew best it has press and hold and if you access it from the programs there are tons of features
Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Ya I dont think so. For one if you just install something it installs to to main device takes up space and with all the folders and uninstall info it has a larger footprint than my way.

Second: The size of the cabs above are larger than my .exe so that right there takes up more room.

Third: If you do one of the above ways you'll have to install the "flashlight cab" and then also the cab to map a "button". Thats 2 cabs also larger than my post.

Its kinda like saying,"I can do this reg edit manually or I can install a cab to do it".
One takes up space one don't.
=1 one on this.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan