PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outgoing Pop email won't send

Hi,

I experienced this before and it's very strange. I have a pop account forwarded from Yahoo. I have the premium Yahoo mail so they let me do this with the following proxies:

pop: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
smtp: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

the incoming stuff works fine, the outgoing for about 2 days has been saying that it can't send any messages out.

What is going wrong? I have tried creating a new Yahoo account.
I've tried assigning the outgoing mail server to Sprint as opposed to "The Internet"
I've tried taking off the plus at the beginning and turning off SSL required.

NOTHING has worked.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Raithan is a n00b
Re: Outgoing Pop email won't send

I just had this problem with my email as well. Exact same thing, receives fine, can't send. I use Comcast email..

What I found works is going into the options, UNCHECKING "use same password for sending" or something like that, then go through the menu's till it asks you for the username/PW for sending.. use the same username, but leave the PW blank, and UNCHECK "save password"..

You have to enter your PW everytime you send an email, but it seems to work until I can find a better option.. Just a band-aid for now. I'm hoping to find a third party email program that won't do this.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if u are going through wifi then u can have problems sending. dsl authenticates. i cannot send email when connected to an Access Point that is DSL. most cable broadband connections work for me but some may not. i can only send email when using the cellular data connection. you CAN configure to go thru wifi but then it wont go thru cellular data, until u change it back. most dsl is att. u need a att user name to send thru dsl.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

also try downloading yahoo2go. i think they are out with 3.0 now. just google yahoo2go. i dont like it but it is an app to get yahoo stuff on ur phone without using a web browser.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Uncheck the "use SSL" box
Old 08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post

I've tried taking off the plus at the beginning and turning off SSL required.

NOTHING has worked.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Uncheck the "use SSL" box
he has already done that.....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

On my gmail accounts the fix I found was you have to setup your outgoing SMTP server to sprint, and set your outgoing server login to your sprint mail username and password. You can call up sprints tech support and they can give you the settings/walk you through setting it up. Gmail is slow sending, but it works great!

Edit: Here are my settings:

Outgoing SMTP Server : smtp.sprintpcs.com
Outgoing Server Login:
user: smtp.sprintpcs.com\dmcniel08
password: password

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-22-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

When I did TS for BellSouth we did block port 25 if the user was not user our domain to send the mail. In other words, if you were a BS customer and you were trying to use any other domain in a client (yahoo in OE) then we would block it. You had to use BS to send mail out. Not this did not apply to web based mail.

Here is a link about port 25 blocking that may help you out and BTW, there was no way around it unless you wet to a business acct. Setting up your own email server had mixed results with nothing 100%.

http://www.postcastserver.com/help/P..._Blocking.aspx
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Threadstarter

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks guys, I really do appreciate all the advice.

I've had no luck with any of it. I can't send ANY messages whereas before it was not a problem.
I guess deleting the acct and resetting it up might help for about a week until it stops working again.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this, I'd be very grateful.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

If you delete and recreate and that resolves it (even for a short time) then I would suspect it being something on the device since that is the only place you are making any changes at. However, I do know BS didnt block all thier customers overnight. It was a group here and group there with a little here and a little there type thing. So IDK about your situation but just wanted to point that out. GL all the same though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan