PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

txsrooster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Outgoing Pop email won't send

This happened with me on my earthlink account. I have three different email accounts with earthlink that download and send from my phone. Only one wouldn't send. I deleted the one that didn't send and recreated it using the exact same setup I had before on it. It worked, and has now for a month. CRAZY i tell ya.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well I always have agreed it is faster to deleted and recreate or even format and reload than it is to spend the time trying to figure out where what went wrong.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I am having the same problem with gmail. It works for a week or a month and then stops sending e-mail. Incoming is fine. All outgoing e-mail stays in the outbox and never goes out.
And this happens on stock as well as custom ROMS. My Sprint Mogul is on the latest everything also but has done it on prior ROMs, OS, radios, PRLs, etc. Also have gmail set up as imap.
If I delete and setup again, everything works for days or weeks. But it sure is a PITA doing this every so often and besides... the outgoing e-mails are lost when I do this.

tsp
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Tried many different things and nothing worked so I deleted my gmail setup and created it again. Everything working now.
Ideas on this problem:
1 - I replied to a message, it goes into send right away, and while doing that I tried deleting the original message. Could this cause the problem?
2 - I tried to display a video attached to a message. I also did pictures but that has always worked.

Sprint Mogul w/ ROM: 3.56.651 radio: 3.42.50 PRL: 60613 Build: 19208.1.0.1

tsp
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jdpiii3 is a n00b

I had the same problem on my Alltel HTC PPC 6800 I was able to get mail from the incoming mail server with pop-server.tampabay.rr.com

but was not able to use the outgoing mailserver when it was set to smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com

I changed the Outging server to smtp.tampabay.rr.com
put a check in Outgoing serve requires authentication

and now it works just fine.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6601/6700/6800/6850/Blackberry 9930

axe314 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to axe314

I just had the same problem come up, only it was smtp.sprintpcs.com that would not send messages anymore. Neither apache or mogul on WM6.1 would work. Set up a gmail account, and it sends messages fine. Not sure if it is related to phaseout of sprintpcs mail. Other mogul with stock rom still works as far as I know.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b

Most times this has to do with port 25 blocking, which someone else mentioned. I don't remember which provider you are using as your SMTP server, but most reputable mail services provide an alternate port (the "standard" alternate port for most providers is 587, which is what Gmail uses, while Yahoo uses 465).

To specify the port in your account settings, append it to the SMTP server with a colon like so:

Outgoing mail server: smtp.my.provider.com:587

Give that a shot and see what happens.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

mario23 is just getting started

Still haven't been able to get outgoing mail to work with my bellsouth email account.
Even the recent email patch put out by Microsoft didn't help...
Old 11-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sometimes I have to set up my Gmail again.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Has anybody found a permenant fix for this? Mine worked for a month or so, then suddenly stopped sending. Since then I have reformatted and set up the account a couple times. Every time it will send the first few emails, then stop working.

Why the heck would it work once or twice or thrice and then just stop working when no setting were changed?

I have tried with SSL/authentication checked and without. Whenever I make a change, it will work for 1-3 emails then stop again.

Attached is a screen shot of the message. The email just sits in the outbox forever unless I delete it. And I DO have internet access (I check it with the browser just to be sure).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot002.jpg (12.2 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan