PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

mixed_gears is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help!! memory storage problem

ok. so, my problem is my memory storage. i do a soft reset and i start at 66%. later on during the day is sky rockets to high 70's or lower 80's. WITHOUT running any programs, phone use ONLY!. i have Oxios installed and works the first few time(i.e. mem. up to 80% then use it. back down to 67%). so here are my questions. here are the apps currently installed on my mogul
s2V
Oxios memory
Pocket cm image viewer
google maps
youtubeplay
ms live search
pocket cm contacts
someguy smms
iphone dial pad
cooltek touchpal
htc cube
s2u2
htc home
ms net. cf 3.5

1) can i manually remove some apps that i dont use or need like
Adobe Reader
Get Good
Internet Sharing
Java
Music
On Demand
Software Store

2) i've read around these forums that installing windows mobile 6.1 frees up space or doesnt hog up space like wm 6. can i do an individual install or is it packaged with the new rom? my current Rom version is 3.35.651.2

3) what are the risk of installing the new rom? will everything in my phone be deleted?

4) Someone told me that installing apps on my sd card will make it run smoother. however, everything i installed went back directly to my device. the only apps that actually installed on my sd card are
Live search
oxios
youtubeplay
is there a specific way to get all the other apps to install and run from my mem. card?

if you can answer any of my questions please do so.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: Need help!! memory storage problem

I can tell you that installing a new ROM will wipe your phone clean, unless you have some backup software.
I think, but don't quote me, if you do a soft rest before the customization run on the new rom it will keep all the carrier installed stuff off.
I have no clue about number 4, I have never installed programs on my SD card, but I might now just to see what happens.
I use MemMaid, it does cost, but it keeps my memory between 50 and 60 percent.

By the way, welcome to the the website.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mixed_gears is a n00b

thanks for your reply, so installing the new ROM will delete the pre-installed apps that are basically junk. Would you recommend upgrading the ROM?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i would start with a clean base cooked rom...the mem draw comes from a few things...anything in color on the today screen...custom themes...htc home...s2u2...all resource robbing little monkeys...if you can hold out til morning i will build you a base clean rom with 6.1

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mixed_gears is a n00b

Great. i was going to hold out til' this weekend to update my rom. but if you can do that for me. i will be so grateful! thanks

Last edited by mixed_gears; 08-19-2008 at 11:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan