PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Removing MENC encryption?

Thanks, after looking at the different ROMs I think that what I'm going to do, I like the different aspects that ROMs do in speeding up the processor, removing pointless apps, etc...

Still wondering if anyone knows how to remove the MENC encryption. MS really messed up with how they have this encryption
Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post

Still wondering if anyone knows how to remove the MENC encryption. MS really messed up with how they have this encryption
I have looked into that before with no success.....but one of the experts may know....
Old 08-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Who would I need /should contact, there are many documents from work and personal pics that are not replaceable and are currently frozen in MENC
Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
Who would I need /should contact, there are many documents from work and personal pics that are not replaceable and are currently frozen in MENC
Just wait on the thread here......if someone knows they will help
Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can't you go into Sprint and see if they can give you your old phone? That isn't right.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

They replaced the phone on Friday afternoon late and by the time it dawned on me what they did the store was closed, so I was there as they opened Sat morning. they had already hard reset the old phone thereby erasing the encryption key on the old phone
Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow that sucks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

bump ^
Old 08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

I found the following info on this page posted by Freemans1.
http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Storage+...ryption?t=anon

Im not taking credit but I did that because it was a copy and paste deal, I didnt even put it into my own words. I really hope this helps.

Sprite Backup supports WM6 Storage Card encryption. If you are using WM6 Storage Card encryption the only way to access your encrypted data after hard reset is by using Sprite Backup. Sprite Backup Version 6.1 can backup your device and the entire contents of your Storage Card even when you have WM6 Storage Card encryption enabled. This means that if you create a backup image including the contents of your card you will be able to access all your data. Use Sprite Backup Full 6.1 to:

1. Create a backup image including Storage Card contents to your PC.
2. Make sure that you use Sprite Backup encryption to password protect your backup file.
3. If your devices suffers a hard reset you can simply restore this file and access the encrypted data.
4. You may have to use file explorer to delete the encrypted files on your Storage Card before performing the restore.
5. You can also Drag and Drop your files from your backup to your Storage Card using Sprite Explorer .

HTC users can also purchase the upgrade for only $10….
http://www.spritesoftware.com/store/...roducts_id=203

I would just move the files from sd card to your pc incase it doesnt work at least you have the menc files to mess around with more...Also check your pm.

Last edited by reeg420; 08-26-2008 at 06:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help/suggestions. However, after numerous attempts to remove the encryption it will not work. I just saved the files to the PC and re-formatted the SD card.

Thanks again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan