PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

caseynelson_19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800 mms and internet stopped working!!!!

Hey everyone. I have been searching and searching. Hopefully I amjust an idiot and havent found it cause I would hate to be the first with this prob.

Anyway I got a PPC 6800 and had it flashed for Cricket. We then had issues getting the MMS and Internet to work together. So up until about a week ago anytime I wanted to switch from internet to MMS i had to change the proxy settings and check/uncheck the proxy server box.

About a week ago my phone has a error code pop up and I wasnt even using the phone at the time. I ignored it cause I didnt push anything. The next day I realize that my internet and MMS stopped working. It keeps showing the same error code 67. (PCS vision username/password may be incorrect. Please try again.)

Since then I have gone back through the registry and double checked everything to make sure it all is still correct and nothing has changed.

I have spent the majority of the last week trying to figure out what the issue is and how to fix it. Hopefully you have some better suggestions. I am going nuts here.

I have windows mobile 6.1 professional
Radio: 3.35.04
ROM: 3.35.V1 (vetveito)
Old 08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ndnygaard is becoming a great contributor
Re: 6800 mms and internet stopped working!!!!

What ROM are you running? It sounds like whoever flashed your phone did not know what he was doin. The best thing for you is Go get a copy of TOOG's 6800 V3 and flash your phone right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnygaard View Post
What ROM are you running? It sounds like whoever flashed your phone did not know what he was doin. The best thing for you is Go get a copy of TOOG's 6800 V3 and flash your phone right.

Could you post a link to the version and can I use it for MetroPCS?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't think there is a custom rom available for download right now. But you can use the PPCkitchen to cook your own.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseynelson_19 View Post
Hey everyone. I have been searching and searching. Hopefully I amjust an idiot and havent found it cause I would hate to be the first with this prob.

Anyway I got a PPC 6800 and had it flashed for Cricket. We then had issues getting the MMS and Internet to work together. So up until about a week ago anytime I wanted to switch from internet to MMS i had to change the proxy settings and check/uncheck the proxy server box.

About a week ago my phone has a error code pop up and I wasnt even using the phone at the time. I ignored it cause I didnt push anything. The next day I realize that my internet and MMS stopped working. It keeps showing the same error code 67. (PCS vision username/password may be incorrect. Please try again.)

Since then I have gone back through the registry and double checked everything to make sure it all is still correct and nothing has changed.

I have spent the majority of the last week trying to figure out what the issue is and how to fix it. Hopefully you have some better suggestions. I am going nuts here.

I have windows mobile 6.1 professional
Radio: 3.35.04
ROM: 3.35.V1 (vetveito)

It looks like you are running a Sprint ROM and the IOTA is getting in your way. if you know what you are doing I would suggest reflashing with a Verizon Rom and reconfiguring itto work for Cricket..

Only do this is you are 100% sure of what you are doing, if not have someone that does help you out. It may and will screw your phone up.

-CC
Old 08-15-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If you are usin a sprint rom and you are not comfortable with flashin TOOG's ROM. Then hard reseet the 6900. When the Sprint customizer tries to run soft reset it. then the IOTA won't load. But that won't give you MMS messages. It's simple to flash TOOG's Cricket ROM and he has great directions for it. If you follow them its simple.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

caseynelson_19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnygaard View Post
I am running a Vetvito rom version 3.35.V1. not quite sure what else it would be called. maybe the black pill? I dont know what I am doing with this stuff and I am just learning as I go. If you want to know more about it Ill gladly try to figure it out. or ill take pointers on how to find it. Thanks guys.

Do I have to reflash to another carriers ROM and reconfig to work for cricket or is there a cricket specifc ROM that I could use to make things easier? I hear flashing to ALLTELL's ROM is best to start to get the correct Radio. Is that still the case?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

caseynelson_19 is a n00b

Where can I get this ROM? I would like to get this up and running ASAP and with the latest version to avoid any further frustration.
Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan