PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
receiving data without service.?.

Greetings. i have a weird issue going on here, and i was hoping someone could explain whats happening. i have a mogul that had the service disconnected due to getting a new phone and transferring the number and plan to the new device. Just this evening i noticed the unactivated mogul had received a bunch of outlook emails. After messing around with it for a little while, i found out it cant make phone calls, cant send texts or emails, but can connect internet through the evdo connection. Im nowhere near a wifi hotspot, or router, and the wifi switch is off. can anyone explain how or why this is happening? im not complaing about this issue, but im wondering if ill get charged extra data fees because of it. thx guys.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: receiving data without service.?.

I have not heard of this. If you don't get charged that would rule. Free internet on the road. Tether your laptop anywhere for free. I am posting from Nashville, Tn. with my mogul tethered right now. It rules to have an internet connection anywhere you go, but free would be even more awesome. Dropping my Kid here for college. I don't know if I will be able to drag my wife away and leave him. Anyway sorry to barge off topic.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Lurker

slaveforthewave is a n00b

that is relatively normal, and i had never thought about using it for my betterment...

i used to sell Sprint, and after activating the new phone the new phone would often recieve text messages and emails for a few days until it was power cycled. i'm relatively sure that it will only accept incoming data and not transmit out. But if you make that happen... wow.

=D>
Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i appreciate the response guys. the old mogul was deactivated last thursday, and has been powered off and soft reset quite a few times since (removed the battery also). i had tried to see if i could use gps on it, but it wouldn't work with google maps and live search cause they need a data connection to load maps. both of those are working great tonight for some reason. It would be pretty cool to keep this going without any change on my sprint bill
Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

I didn't search. Kill me.

Is there a good thread guide on tethering the Mogul to a laptop for on-the-go net?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

PDANet - www.junefabrics.com
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Since the phone is still programmed with your phone number and the MSID it will recieve some of the information as will your active phone. Like Slave said it will only recieve incoming info, and shouldn't allow outgoing connections...If you want to stop it from recieving the msgs get the MSL for the phone and reset it using ##786# which will hard reset it but also delete the programming information that enabled it to work when it was active.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

ronnieespinal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
Since the phone is still programmed with your phone number and the MSID it will recieve some of the information as will your active phone. Like Slave said it will only recieve incoming info, and shouldn't allow outgoing connections...If you want to stop it from recieving the msgs get the MSL for the phone and reset it using ##786# which will hard reset it but also delete the programming information that enabled it to work when it was active.

sounds just about right
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

is there any chance ill be charged extra from sprint for the data im receiving on the old mogul? i deleted the email accounts, so those notifications have seemed to stop.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
is there any chance ill be charged extra from sprint for the data im receiving on the old mogul? i deleted the email accounts, so those notifications have seemed to stop.
No, you will not see additional charges. Once a new phone is activated on a number the old is no longer in the computer system and they cannot charge for something they can't see. It is known that msgs still go to old devices which is why they always say to turn your old phone off for at least 24 hrs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan