PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jawxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jawxx
Curiosity quetion about everyone's Mogul

Hey everyone.

I've complained about this topic to myself but never really inquired with the masses. I'd say 90% of the time my Mogul runs smooth and fairly quick, like it should. That other 10% of the time, well I just soft reset. It's Windows after all.

Anyway. I think, by far, the slowest reaction response on my Mogul is the actual phone feature. Most particularly when ending a call. Sometimes even though I'm pressing end on the screen, or the red phone button to end, it takes several seconds to actually end the call.

These are the vital seconds before approaching someone's voice mail where you need to hang up so you don't leave a couple seconds of stupid, blank space, (or barely audible cussing), in a voice mail message. Makes you sound like you don't how to work a cell phone.

Is this the slowest thing on everyone else's Mogul? Or am I alone? Or any ideas so that when I actually press "end" or the "end" button it immediately cuts off like it should. My phone is nowhere near this slow on the gun when cruising through files, my today screen, or on-screen tap typing.

Thanks for the opinions/suggestions/input,
-Justin
Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Curiosity quetion about everyone's Mogul

i agree with you on most of the things you mentioned...specially ending a call...sucks really bad even with the custom rom.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there is a reg hack that helps out with that.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=93

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

doylecm is a n00b

That has always been a huge gripe of mine. When I press the end button, I want it to end........NOW! I checked the thread that nxtech3 mentioned and followed the directions, but it turns out that the key you have to make is already in my registry and all I had to do was change the value. I am running the most recent official Sprint ROM, so maybe that was added in to the new ROM.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

that reg hack works!!!!!!!! i had already given up and accepted the 3 second delay. now i cant wait to hang up on ppl.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

Well. I added reg hack. Now I just gotta wait for a call and try it out.

But P.S. Why the hell would they make that a 3 second default anyway?!?!? To what point and purpose!?!?!?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawxx View Post
Well. I added reg hack. Now I just gotta wait for a call and try it out.

But P.S. Why the hell would they make that a 3 second default anyway?!?!? To what point and purpose!?!?!?
precious seconds... over a month turns into billable minutes..
Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
Now i cant wait to hang up on ppl.
LOL. Ya, that one little tweak makes a big difference in how pleasing the device is to use.

Edit: Sorry, off topic, but it looks like the OP's question was answered.

@Shaggy - I'm diggin the Crysis avatar. What kind of machine are you running it on? Have you messed with any of the config tweaks? Made a huge difference for me, both in terms of FPS and graphic realism (especially the TOD tweaks).

Last edited by bedoig; 08-14-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

you know what? up to the PHONE folder, i don't see PhoneExtendSetting! where do i add this lol

Oh i also wanted to say, can't we get a class action lawsuit for purposefully making the delay 3 seconds??? That makes no sense. We should start asking what the reason could be.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

Last edited by GhettoBSD; 08-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You may need to manually add PhoneExtendSetting as a new key. Then within that folder add EndCallTime as a dword value.

Edit: post corrected. Thanks nick aguas.

Last edited by bedoig; 08-14-2008 at 01:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan