PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
to upgrade from 3.35 or not?

I'm currently on 3.35.651.2.

Considering upgradiing BUT I do not use Sprint TV. From the description below it sounds like that's really the only new feature of the upgrade.

I believe I have all the items listed in number 3 - correct?

And, I assume that upgrading will cause a loss all data (contacts, calendar, etc.) which I would have to reload. does it also cause a loss of all the programs I've loaded leaving only the "out of the box" programs?

Anyway, I'm having a hard time deciding to upgrade given I really don't care about Sprint TV.

Are there other worthwhile features of the upgrade and 6.1 which I should be considering?

Thanks.

jack

1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile® 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
2. Adds Sprint TV
3. Includes all enhancements incorporated in previous software upgrades including: EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available.
Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application.
Adds a Task Manager to the Today screen for easier access and management of running programs.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: to upgrade from 3.35 or not?

sorry - I put this post in the wrong sub-fourm. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to delete it! I hit the Edit button and I can't find any delete button or option. I feel like a dummy but maybe someone can help?

jack
Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolliard View Post
I'm currently on 3.35.651.2.

Considering upgradiing BUT I do not use Sprint TV. From the description below it sounds like that's really the only new feature of the upgrade.

I believe I have all the items listed in number 3 - correct?

And, I assume that upgrading will cause a loss all data (contacts, calendar, etc.) which I would have to reload. does it also cause a loss of all the programs I've loaded leaving only the "out of the box" programs?

Anyway, I'm having a hard time deciding to upgrade given I really don't care about Sprint TV.

Are there other worthwhile features of the upgrade and 6.1 which I should be considering?

Thanks.

jack

1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile® 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
2. Adds Sprint TV
3. Includes all enhancements incorporated in previous software upgrades including: EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available.
Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application.
Adds a Task Manager to the Today screen for easier access and management of running programs.
If you use GPS it is worth it.....the upgraded radio is better...

To delete a post......just hit edit and then hit the delete button another sub screen will appear for you to check a box.....just click the one that says delete message...

Last edited by flyers2114; 08-04-2008 at 12:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I do use Google GPS but that's about it. What does 6.1 do for GPS? Am I right about having to reinstall all of my added programs? Also, I do need tether when I'm on the road. Any issues there?

Thanks.

Jack
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfolliard View Post
I do use Google GPS but that's about it. What does 6.1 do for GPS? Am I right about having to reinstall all of my added programs? Also, I do need tether when I'm on the road. Any issues there?

Thanks.

Jack
Yes you are correct about the programs.....but if you have something like Sprite Backup or SASHAMI.....it makes it easy.....
better radio equals quicker locks for GPS.....much quicker with this radio upgrade....I am not sure about the tethering as I use custom roms and have no issues.....I don't see why it would be a problem though...

Try out SASHAMI it is free and easy to use.....
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Here is the SASHAMI zip....

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Hey you may want to read this....just stumbled across it...sounds like some people are having problems with sharing....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33168
Old 08-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I'd definately recommend upgrading, I get GPS locks much faster, and I've noticed internet seems to be faster on my laptop when I've got the two connected (not via bluetooth though).

Flyers, you seem to have tethering working well, are you aware of any good tutorials for doing it? I had a lot of difficulty getting bluetooth to work via my phone and Asus G2Sg (I'm new to Vista).
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
I'd definately recommend upgrading, I get GPS locks much faster, and I've noticed internet seems to be faster on my laptop when I've got the two connected (not via bluetooth though).

Flyers, you seem to have tethering working well, are you aware of any good tutorials for doing it? I had a lot of difficulty getting bluetooth to work via my phone and Asus G2Sg (I'm new to Vista).
I am not sure about the tutorials...there are definitely some in the forum...I have never had a tethering issue...but I use custom roms...right now I am using JD's custom ROM (which is based off of 3.56) and although I do not tether a lot....I tested it for JD to make sure it was not broke....it worked with no problems..

FYI....The thread I posted in here with the link seemed to have some fixes for tethering on the stock rom...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

DHendy is a n00b

If I upgrade and disable the threaded messaging, will it return to the same message display as 3.35?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan