PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JaeTheGreat14 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint ROM 3.56.651 Threaded Messaging

Does ANYBODY know how to turn off the threaded messaging???? Its DRIVING ME CRAZY....AHHHHHH!:disgu st:
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Sprint ROM 3.56.651 Threaded Messaging

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=368046&page=2
"I found the reg fix from Cloudyfa in the Hermes forum...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

0=old style
1=threaded style"

"There is also this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

DWORD

value set to 1.

You have to create the OEM folder yourself but apart from that it seems to work okay.
Reply With Quote"

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, Touch Pro (upgraded) vogue (upgraded)

maggyban is just getting started

Should work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this, its much easier than using reg tweaks as you can uninstall it when you want to get threaded texts back for whatever reason.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fisha21's DisableThreadedSMS.zip (649 Bytes, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

wingman2086 is a n00b

Ok does anyone else get there phone freezing at the start screen after the ROM upgrade, i've had to do 2 hard resets in about an hour after trying to reload all my apps!! It seems to occur after i load the HTC Home customizer for some reason!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

dscottlex is a n00b

Hey, so i'm a rookie in the truest form. a guy at radio shack told me about upgrading ROMs but i have only performed this from service provider website before. I have Verizon 6800 and really just looking to unlock the GPS capabilities as well as the EVDO revA. I have no idea what 'kitchen' means. sorry to be such a needy guy, but i need help. Can i simply download the official sprint release and then not choose some options on reboot? It seems like the guy, Chris, at R.S. said something about selecting Verizon instead of Sprint during the process, but again. I'm such a novice. My current ROM is the stock 2.09.605.8 and radio is 1.30.60. Thanks in advance for holding my hand and helping me!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What radio do you have now? If it is >= 3.35 then you should be able to flash it. See if there is a newer Verizon ROM. I would be surprised if there isn't. If there isn't, you may be able to flash a different radio.

There is a nice sticky on flashing.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JMAC303 is just getting started

Just out of curiousity....why don't you want threaded texts? I think that's the handiest thing on the phone, especially since I text message all day long. I hate going back into my sent items wondering "what did I say again?"
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsibarra72 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottlex View Post
Hey, so i'm a rookie in the truest form. a guy at radio shack told me about upgrading ROMs but i have only performed this from service provider website before. I have Verizon 6800 and really just looking to unlock the GPS capabilities as well as the EVDO revA. I have no idea what 'kitchen' means. sorry to be such a needy guy, but i need help. Can i simply download the official sprint release and then not choose some options on reboot? It seems like the guy, Chris, at R.S. said something about selecting Verizon instead of Sprint during the process, but again. I'm such a novice. My current ROM is the stock 2.09.605.8 and radio is 1.30.60. Thanks in advance for holding my hand and helping me!
download the latest 3.56 rom from the htc website. sync your phone to pc and run the executable. and follow directions. no other things needed ie unlocking, you should be up with gps and rev A. any ???? ask away or send me a PM and Ill be happy to walk you through it. another option is the search function and a couple of hours of reading. I would also advise you to start a new thread and ask your question there since this is whats called hijacking a thread.
ds
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

I love the threaded messaging. I text so much it saves so much time. And if a message isnt sent I can just click now and resend it. Instead of going back to the outbox.
But does anyone know how to change the default text size with out having to do a reg edit?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan