PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w, HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

kalibar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
I think I half-bricked my Titan, can someone help me out of it?

I just re-activated my Titan after a many-months-long hiatus from it and immediately wanted to upgrade now that GPS, Rev. A, a kitchen, and WM6.1 are all realities. Following the Easy Guide To Upgrading and using a Windows XP SP3 machine, I grabbed my information and then used the update on HTC's website to get up to Sprint 3.35.651.2. That worked no problem and I used the phone for a day or so, everything was fine (as expected).

Next, I decided I wanted to throw dcd's 3.2.2 on there, so I first ran the 2.40 UnLocker as explained in the guide. This is where things started going badly for me. I got the tri-color screen and the process said it completed, so I loaded up dcd's 3.2.2 and followed the onscreen instructions. The update made it to about 14%, and then failed. I folowed the recovery steps and tried it again, and made it to about 7% before it failed. At some point, I decided it would be a good idea to run the exit-bootloader, so I did that and got myself off of the tri-color screen, this may have been a bad idea.

In any case, the phone won't make a connection with ActiveSync anymore, and running any subsequent ROMs obviously doesn't work. Even worse, the device itself won't boot, and hard resets do nothing for it. When I turn it on, I see the "HTC / smart mobility" bootscreen, and it just hangs on that indefinitely. Before hanging, it does briefly display the following information in red text:

Code:
M 09				P DCAAXAM-4350H
B 03				R 3.35.04
				D 3.2.2
I obviously recognize some of that information: the version of dcd's ROM I tried to install and my radio version from the Sprint ROM, but I'm not sure what the deal is with the rest of it, and I'm not sure how to get back to the tri-color screen or any other way that I could attempt flashing something back to it.

Help would be super, super appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by kalibar; 07-17-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I think I half-bricked my Titan, can someone help me out of it?

Pull out the battery for about a minute.... and soft reset... usually does the trick.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor

first you need to get your carriers official rom then put the phone in bootloader mode again hold down the power and camera buttons then push the reset button should get you back to the tri color screen now hook it up to you computer wait a few seconds for the computer to recognize and setup device now run the official rom
Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kalibar is a n00b

Thanks for the responses, guys. Had already tried the battery removal and soft resets with no luck.

lightbiter, thanks for the reminder about getting into the bootloader -- I had forgotten it was possible to do that. Unfortunately, that's not doing the trick for me either. When I try to re-flash my official Sprint ROM, the progress bar never gets past 0%, the device reboots, the process fails, and I get the following error message:

This has happened each time across three attempts now -- any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kalibar is a n00b

Also of note -- everytime I put the device into the tri-color bootloader and then plug it in, ActiveSync spins for a few seconds in the system tray and then gives me this error message:

Is this normal, is something hosed, or should I be looking for a workaround?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kalibar is a n00b

Okay, so I just ticked the "Stop ActiveSync from looking for device on the USB port." box and then tried to do the update and it worked awesome.

Thanks again, lightbiter, you're my hero.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan