PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 Verizon

iLLuSiOnS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a key and data username password wont stick

I just bought this phone 2 weeks ago and its seriously the best phone i have ever had and i have had almost ever phone. I upgraded the rom and everything was great. GPS worked, and internet was blazing fast.

Today i started getting voicemails without any missed calls, and this hardly ever happens with verizon. I called them up and he said there was something wrong with particular people calling me from particular networks and supposedly he fixed the issue on his end. He then made me do a *228 to update the new settings. After that, calls seemed to be working fine, but when I tried accessing the internet, it would keep giving me a username and password error when dialing into the data connection (#777)

I went to connection settings and my data connection info is blank so I would put in the data connection's username password (uhonenumber@vzw3g.com p:vzw) but for some reason the data would not stick. I would restart my phone and it would be blank again.

I then dialed ##778 and looked at my akey and that was blank too. So i called verizon and they tried fixing the issue, but they said it was a malfunction on the phone and to bring it in for a new one. But i dont think thats the case.

I have done a hard reset, but still same thing. It keeps giving me username password errors when trying to dial to data and if i put in the info for the data connection, it wont save the information, it will just keep coming back blank.

Any suggestions?

If I decide to take it back to be replaced, will me unlocking and flashing the rom void my warranty? Is there a way of putting this back to factory default? Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger
Re: a key and data username password wont stick

try the Verizon carrier cab from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407376
it will work.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iLLuSiOnS is a n00b

Nope, i just downloaded it and it didnt do anything. Ohh yah, i forgot to mention, when verizon gave me a new Akey when i put it in, it kept saying "akey failed" and no one in verizon has ever seen that problem

Last edited by iLLuSiOnS; 07-16-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iLLuSiOnS is a n00b

i found this, incase anyone is interested, but the solution that everyone says is the solution on that thread, doesnt really work for everyone, i just called verizon and they said it has to be escalated to a higher dept for review...damn verizon

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28354
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLuSiOnS View Post
Nope, i just downloaded it and it didnt do anything. Ohh yah, i forgot to mention, when verizon gave me a new Akey when i put it in, it kept saying "akey failed" and no one in verizon has ever seen that problem
mmm (#777) I have been using this # for sprint,
anyways if you find any solution please let us know
Thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan