PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Bluetooth Exploer

how do you use bluetooh exploer? and what is it for?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Re: Bluetooth Exploer

when i go to it. it will start to search and itll just freeze up
Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Bluetooth Explorer is meant to to act just like windows file explorer, only it will specificaly transfer files to and from your paired bluetooth device.
example - you turn on your BT on your titan. then pair it with your desktop (or laptop) PC..
once you have this 'paired' relationship, you can transfer files back and forth from your device, to your computer (as long as BT is powered on, of course)..
on your PC, you will have a folder in My Documents, called 'Bluetooth Exchange Folder'..
you just simply exchange files from that folder (or any other folder on your PC really...), to your 'Bluetooth Explorer' folder on your titan..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
Bluetooth Explorer is meant to to act just like windows file explorer, only it will specificaly transfer files to and from your paired bluetooth device.
example - you turn on your BT on your titan. then pair it with your desktop (or laptop) PC..
once you have this 'paired' relationship, you can transfer files back and forth from your device, to your computer (as long as BT is powered on, of course)..
on your PC, you will have a folder in My Documents, called 'Bluetooth Exchange Folder'..
you just simply exchange files from that folder (or any other folder on your PC really...), to your 'Bluetooth Explorer' folder on your titan..
could i do this with other devices (ppc)
Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
could i do this with other devices (ppc)
yes, you can do it with any other windows device you pair your titan to (like your GF's mogul or other PPC).. reality is, once you are paired with something, you can simply just right click any file, anywhere, and 'send to' a bluetooth recipient. you don't necessarily HAVE to use the Bluetooth 'explorer'....
Old 07-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
yes, you can do it with any other windows device you pair your titan to (like your GF's mogul or other PPC).. reality is, once you are paired with something, you can simply just right click any file, anywhere, and 'send to' a bluetooth recipient. you don't necessarily HAVE to use the Bluetooth 'explorer'....
k0o cause i was reading this post and it said something like you could get everything from the other persons phone check it out http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-r...tc-phones.aspx
Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
k0o cause i was reading this post and it said something like you could get everything from the other persons phone check it out http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-r...tc-phones.aspx
interesting article, but not quite the case.. exactly..

From my laptop, i can open my Bluetooth FTP explorer, and see my entire storage card of my xv6800..
but from my xv6800, i can only view the 'Bluetooth Exchange Folder' on my laptop..
so it's a little misleading.. and vague too.. i can't find anywhere to set this up like he says.......

"Under browse Bluetooth shared folder you can select any folder you want to share. Other devices will not be able to take files located in other folders if this option is selected. The default folder is My Documents\Bluetooth share."

as far as just pairing up with a random device, and getting access to their entire system ? not !!

Last edited by Nickles; 07-15-2008 at 02:05 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan