PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

newbie88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Airplane Mode after calls

My Mogul likes to go into airplane mode after every call. Flashed over to the "official" rom and still have the problem. Any ideas??
Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 PM
hrm
Lurker

hrm is a n00b
Re: Airplane Mode after calls

i don't have a solution for you but i have the same issue, although mine is just random. it doesn't happen with any pattern that I can tell.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This may have something to do with the 3 second delay to hang up the phone when ending a call, and your longendkeypress settings. I'll try to look it up later to get you more info. But for now, that is my guess and gives you a place to start searching for answers...

edit: the delay causes folks to keep mashing the end button which may activate your longendkeypress settings which is set to airplane mode.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-10-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

riphamilton is just getting started

th longendkeypress registry settings are totally different in WM6.1 - i can't find where they were; in previous versions it was located in HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\ and you could toggle what a long press did by editing the FlightModeSwitchByPnHEndKey key. If you set it to 0 instead of 1, a long press ended your active data session, which is much more functional than putting the phone into flight mode. the HTC Touch actually comes with add-on software called 'long press end key' which lets you customize what happens. i tried loading it onto the 6.1 mogul, but it did nothing - probably because it just simply edited that non-existing key.

if anybody locates where the registry setting is located, please post. this is driving me nuts!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

I did the same registry change for the longpress key on 6.1 as I did for 6.0, it worked fine.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newbie88 is a n00b

how do you make the registry change?

I know that might be asking for a lot but this is driving me nuts!!

Last edited by newbie88; 07-10-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't recall exactly, but there was a thread on here about it. If you delete the registry entry, the longpress disconnects your data connection rather than airplane mode. I like it much better because now I can kill my data connection when I'm done with it by pushing a button, and save some precious battery power.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

What about StartMenu -> Settings -> Long Press End Key. I have mine set to bring up the list, but I've done the hack to quicken the end button...I thinks its:

HKLM/Software/HTC/Phone

add this key---> PhoneExtendSetting

then add this Dword---> EndCallTime and make the value 1000 (for one second) or 0 (zero will be no delay)

the default delay between the press and the disconnect is 3 seconds
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newbie88 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
th longendkeypress registry settings are totally different in WM6.1 - i can't find where they were; in previous versions it was located in HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\ and you could toggle what a long press did by editing the FlightModeSwitchByPnHEndKey key. If you set it to 0 instead of 1, a long press ended your active data session, which is much more functional than putting the phone into flight mode. the HTC Touch actually comes with add-on software called 'long press end key' which lets you customize what happens. i tried loading it onto the 6.1 mogul, but it did nothing - probably because it just simply edited that non-existing key.

if anybody locates where the registry setting is located, please post. this is driving me nuts!
I located FlightModeSwitchByPnHEndKey right where you said it was. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction \CDMA:FlightModeSwitchByPnHEndKey But when trying to set the value to 0 I get an error saying "Access Denied"

Any idea??

Thanks for the hack to quicken the end works great. But im sure i will still hold the end key down out of habbit. So i still want to try and disable the flight mode.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Try a different registry editor.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan