PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Exclamation Bluetooth random shutoff

Yeah, I'm using an hp bt500 with my Mogul and the bluetooth randomly shuts off on my Mogul. Why? Is there any way to fix it? Anything at all? I'd like a prompt response in this matter. Working at a corporation where time is critical, and this bluetooth issue isn't shaving any seconds either. Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Reasarch & Investigations Division
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth random shutoff

I have a motorola H500 headset that I had when I had the xv6700 and now the xv6800 for verizon. It would frequently disconnect in the middle of the call on both phones, so I assume its either an issue with the headset itself or something with Windows Mobile 6. The headset does not shut off but the phone seems to basically goes from turn on headset mode to turn off headset mode
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

I figured it's bluetooth crashing or something becuase my bt500 isn't malfunctioning at all, when I look at my Mogul it kinda freezes a little bit. I go to Connection Manager and it says that Bluetooth is off, but the blue light is still flashing, and active sync says it's still connected via bluetooth. I tap to turn on bluetooth and the blue light still flashes, then I tap it again to turn it off and it turns off, but still says activesync is still connected via bluetooth, so I end up softresetting my Mogul... Doesn't really save much time at all, more of a struggle than a convienence.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

This may be of use and may not, but for what its worth. I have a 6800 from Alltel and noticed the same issues with my Jabra 250. It was terribly frustrating. Back in April (I think) HTC released a ROM update for the Alltel PPC 6800. I installed this update (and did the GPS hack at the same time) and don't have any more of the dropping Bluetooth problems. I don't know enough to even speculate as to why this solved my problem, but it did. I now cut on bluetooth and it stays on until I turn it off and I can sync or use my headset without loosing connection.

BigRedGonzo
Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i have xv6800 verizon stock rom
using plantronics 855 voyager
I also get disconected in the middle of the call.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
i have xv6800 verizon stock rom
using plantronics 855 voyager
I also get disconected in the middle of the call.
My Plantronics Voyager 855 worked great w/my Sprint Mogul until i upgraded the radio to either 3.42.02 or 3.42.30,the stereo part just kept dropping the connection to the phone,had to go back to radio 3.39,no more issues.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM
crimsonSOLDIER

Well I just hard-reset my device, so far it's been holding a connection time of 33 minutes. Let's see how far it goes.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mr_Beefy84532 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
My Plantronics Voyager 855 worked great w/my Sprint Mogul until i upgraded the radio to either 3.42.02 or 3.42.30,the stereo part just kept dropping the connection to the phone,had to go back to radio 3.39,no more issues.
I have the same headset but I am using the 3.56.651.0 ROM and I have had no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 AM
crimsonSOLDIER

Well it's the phone for sure. After hard-reseting it, the Bluetooth still cuts off. How pathetic. I want to swtich back to Palm...
Old 07-14-2008, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mr_Beefy84532 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonSOLDIER View Post
Well it's the phone for sure. After hard-reseting it, the Bluetooth still cuts off. How pathetic. I want to swtich back to Palm...
Do you have insurance? Or your phone might still be under warranty. Try to get a new one if you can.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan