PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3d
Carrier: sprint

cdoyle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul and the Parrot CK3300 evo

Hi,

WA state has pa ssed a hands free law, and since I knew this was coming I upgraded my phone. ONe of the main reasons was to be able to use the BT.

Well now I'm learning of all the problems with the Mogul and Bluetooth devices.

I want to upgrade the deck in my 4Runner to an Eclipse AVN6620. Eclipse uses a Parrot BT adapter, which looks to be similar to the Parrot CK3300 evo.
I looked on Parrot's website, and they don't have the Mogul listed as compatible with any of their products!! GRRRR I'm not sure if this means it doesn't work at all, or maybe some features don't work?

So I'm hoping someone here who has a mogul, also has a CK3300 evo, and has good luck with it?

I'm really frustrated because I feel like since this was one of Sprints most expensive phones, that something like BT should work.

After buying it, I learned that it also doesn't work with the Nissan Navigation units too, which means it doesn't work with my Altima either.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: Mogul and the Parrot CK3300 evo

Generally... all bluetooth devices are compatible with all bluetooth phones. All of the protocols are the same. The only thing is that some phons are more "reliable" than others when it comes to bluetooth connections. You may experience the occasional dropout, but never the less, it should work.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cdoyle is a n00b

There seems to be more 'issues' when it comes to the mogul and BT. Not sure what it is, but you can't use it with Nissan Navigation units. The people on the other end can't hear you, and when they speak all you hear is choppy distortion.

I did some researching after the fact, and found a whole thread on the problem and everyone is having the same problem. HTC says you need to contact Sprint, Sprint says there is nothing wrong, and Nissan says the Mogul will never work their system.

Here is a thread on the issue
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353632

That's why I'm a little hesitant on spending 1k on the Eclipse unit, and BT adapter. I don't want to find out after the fact that it won't work
Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bgmncwj is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bgmncwj

I've got the Parrot CK3100 installed currently in my car and don't have any* problems between it and my mogul especially since I upgraded to the latest firmware from Parrot's site. I would assume that if the phone works with one of their products it should work with all of them, but you know how goes though.

-bgmncwj

*The only recent problem I've had I believe is due to one of the roms I was playing around with. The problem was after the phone disconnected it didn't reroute the speaker audio back to the actual phone speaker and required a soft-reboot to fix, though this hasn't cropped up in the last 2 weeks or so.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cdoyle is a n00b

That's great to hear, I've been emailing both Eclipse and Parrot and neither will respond to my emails about it.

I'm glad to hear that it seems to work for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan