PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Metro PCS

NooNe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Network Connection Issues

I'm having some problems connecting to the internet or google maps when im not using WiFi. With WiFi on i have no problems, but when its off and i try to use the internet it just says cannot connect with current connection settings. Whenever Ev or 1x are in the toolbar and i look at that it just says there are no data sessions active. When i use the IOTA program it says Data Provisioning Failure, Error Code: 1012, Could not prepare vision services. Im running No2Chem nueROM 2.1. I've searched around a few different forums and couldn't resolve the problem. I dont know if its a problem with my EPST settings, or if its not a problem with my phone at all but my account.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Sprint Network Connection Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNe View Post
I'm having some problems connecting to the internet or google maps when im not using WiFi. With WiFi on i have no problems, but when its off and i try to use the internet it just says cannot connect with current connection settings. Whenever Ev or 1x are in the toolbar and i look at that it just says there are no data sessions active. When i use the IOTA program it says Data Provisioning Failure, Error Code: 1012, Could not prepare vision services. Im running No2Chem nueROM 2.1. I've searched around a few different forums and couldn't resolve the problem. I dont know if its a problem with my EPST settings, or if its not a problem with my phone at all but my account.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try running this file on your device and see if it helps: (f you have Sprint) http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd118...-%20Sprint.cab

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

NooNe is a n00b

Wow that fixed it right up. I cant believe i didnt find that fix through searching. Thanks a lot
Old 07-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNe View Post
Wow that fixed it right up. I cant believe i didnt find that fix through searching. Thanks a lot

No problem....just click the Thanks button on the bottom right side of the post if it helped you out

And actually...credit goes to DCD over on the XDA forums...its his cab...I just happened to come across it the other day
Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Lurker

steveme is a n00b

That link doesnt work anymore, got a cab file?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Yeah the link is dead. anyone have a valid link? I am having the 1012 error as well.

thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

Same here
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Can someone please help with this? I have seen several threads pertaining to the 1012 error, but non of the supposed "fixes" help. It appears, in the other threads, that this error often coincides with a network error(67 or 68 ). This is not the case for me. Most of the solutions, poseted in other threads, seemed to fix the network error which, in turn, fixed the 1012 error. Whatever the reason is, the typical solutions have not helped. I am getting pretty frustrated.

I never had this issue until i flashed the new official sprint rom(3.56) I was previously using the no2chem 5067 rom. I flashed the new officicial sprint rom(from htc.com) 3 days ago. Since then i, continually, get the 1012 error.

I am not having any network problems. I can make calls, receive calls, browse the internet, browse through ftp, stream video, check email etc. I can connect through the LAN or by the phone's modem with no problems. So it does not appear that i have any connection issues whatsoever.

Although my network is fine and all my data(when checking with ##778#) seems correct as well, I keep getting error 1012 from time to time. It is driving me nuts.

The most promising, aparent, fix for this was posted in the thread. And the link happens to be dead. Yay me!

Can anyone help? I would be so grateful.

thanks a million

Last edited by TheShade001; 07-28-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade001 View Post
Can someone please help with this? I have seen several threads pertaining to the 1012 error, but non of the supposed "fixes" help. It appears, in the other threads, that this error often coincides with a network error(67 or 68 ). This is not the case for me. Most of the solutions fixed the network error which, in turn, fixed the 1012 error. I am getting pretty frustrated.

I never had this issue until i flashed the new official sprint rom(3.56) I was previously using the no2chem 5067 rom. I flashed the new rom 3 days ago. Since then i, continually, get the 1012 error.

I am not having any network problems. I can make calls, receive calls, browse the internet, browse through ftp, stream video, check email etc. I can connect through the LAN or by the phone's modem with no problems. So it does not appear that i have any connection issues whatsoever.

Although my network is fine and all my data(when checking with ##778#) is correct as well, I keep getting error 1012 from time to time. It is driving me nuts.

The most promising, aparent, fix for this was posted in the thread. And the link happens to be dead. Yay me!

Can anyone help? I would be so grateful.

thanks a million

Here ya go....I believe this is the same one

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

ninjaryder9r is a n00b
Cool Re: Sprint Network Connection Issues

What exactly does this cab file do????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan