PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
VERIZON GPS Thread

Hey all:

Just thought I'd make a post where all users could post success stories/questions about the Verizon Wireless XV6800 built in GPS.

I personally can not get it to work, so I will have a few questions I will post here. I encourage all other Verizon users to ask any questions they may have, and all users to try to answer as many questions as possible. We are a community, and we were all beginners at one point.

Please feel free to post what successful settings you are using, and whatever unsuccessful settings you are using.

Some Useful Links:

Official Titan Built In GPS Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17032

Thread for Fix with MIXED Results for NON-Sprint Users:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400975

Actual Instructions for "Fix":
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...me=TitanGpsFix

Another Useful "Fix" for the GPS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417412

NOTE: Make sure you review the THREAD for the fix before you just jump right into the actual fix!

I am using JD's Rom, with radio 3.42.50 and I am now having great luck with the gps. I usually get a lock within three minutes, in my house. I am now using GPS Viewer. Once I boot the GPS, I'll wait until I see four or more satelites, then I will cold start; and nine times out of ten it will instantly lock.
What settings are you using? Do they work? Do you have any advice?

Last edited by rhannahs19; 08-20-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: VERIZON GPS Thread

why is this thread even needed? just do a search. you can easily update your phone with working GPS from stock in 20-25 minutes. GPS mode 4 does NOTHING on verizon. verizon, unlike sprint, does NOT have dedicated aGPS servers, which means we most likely wont be getting the 5 seconds locks that sprint customers have. keep GPS mode at 2.

also, i know everyone wants the most out of their devices, but keep in mind, its a PHONE. its not a garmin or any other type of GPS system, so you are not going to get locks like you would with one of them, although it is pretty accurate. but for a fix in 30 seconds with 6 sats? inside? whose complaining.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work

okay so you start off b*tching that this thread is useless... then you leave useful imformation... i created it because there is a thread dedicated to sprint, so why not have one dedicated to verizon? its also a place where people who dont know what they are doing can start out and ask questions, such as myself. thanks for the info but dont be such a di**, its bad for your health
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700

jackstraw is a n00b

I completly agree with this thread, I have radio version 3.35.04 ... or 3.49.NO2-C I'm not sure which one is the radio number. I have garmin xt installed. when I activate garmin, my main clock resets to 8pm april something 2007. when the clock resyncs to the normal time (which takes 10 min or so...I can also manually sync te time) all or my alarms and calander warnings go off at one time (and I mean ALL...sometimes I get 20 to 30 prompts) All the alarms go off at one time. It is crazy and drives me crazy. I have to manually delete my appointments and turn off my alarms every day just to use the GPS. Any help or suggestions would be helpful for this stressful ALARM RINGING contraption

What would JESUS Do?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hmm i tried using garmin but i had troubles with it. i like TOM TOM pm me for details about it if you want. i just updated the radio, and when no2chems rom comes out tonight im going to update to that then hopefully gps will work better. i would try the fix, it works for some, others it does not
Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: US Cellular

mykleh35 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mykleh35

if you look at the garmin threads it will tell you to make sure you are using 42020w driver as 30 & 40 have bugs which screw up the clock... I hear 50 is out but aren't many people talking about it whether its better or not... here is the driver... "your results may vary"....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykleh35 View Post
if you look at the garmin threads it will tell you to make sure you are using 42020w driver as 30 & 40 have bugs which screw up the clock... I hear 50 is out but aren't many people talking about it whether its better or not... here is the driver... "your results may vary"....
50 is out and it does not fix the clock issue. I have tested it and had others test it.

The QPST fix for the Titans seems to help my GPS use. I plan on doing more testing now that I upgraded to the 3.42 radio. Stupid question since I should know how to do this by now but where is the reg entry for GPS Mode? I would like to make sure I set it to 2 also. Not sure what it is now.

Steve
Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
50 is out and it does not fix the clock issue. I have tested it and had others test it.

The QPST fix for the Titans seems to help my GPS use. I plan on doing more testing now that I upgraded to the 3.42 radio. Stupid question since I should know how to do this by now but where is the reg entry for GPS Mode? I would like to make sure I set it to 2 also. Not sure what it is now.

Steve
it's under HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS\
GPSMode should be set to 2... if you've flashed a custom, it's likely already there.......
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache xv6700

tooturbo is a n00b

I could not get the GPS or data connection to work under Verizon. I have tried multiple ROMs with the same result. I have also called Verizon tech support multiple times to resolve this issue. They have reset my aKey and my data service on their side with the same results. Ultimately 3rd tier support from Verizon said that his trace said there was something wrong with my device.

Ultimately, I have given up and asked for a replacement to be sent to me. I don't believe the new ROM's (nueChem or DCD) are a worthwhile investment of time on the Verizon xv6800.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

ND4SPD is a n00b

I've been using my Sprint-ROM'd XV6800 for weeks now and it works fine. The aGPS is a bit slow on the uptake, yes it sometimes takes 10+ minutes to sync up the satellites but I look at it as a last resort. If I need IMMEDIATE GPS I bring my bluetooth receiver with. Once the thing is synced up with the satellites it works just fine. It probably doesn't update quite as fast as my BT receiver does, but it's better than nothing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan