PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable hardware buttons?

Just curious. Is there a utility to temporarily disable the Hardware buttons on the mogul?

The reason I ask is because when I go running and put my Mogul in my armband, the fit is pretty snug (which I like because it doesn't move around).
Unfortunately, often when I try to re-adjust the band or do anything, one of the buttons get accidentally pressed and I end up having to take it completely off and quit the program that the button invoked.

I know I can manually assign all the buttons in the Settings, but that is a pain.

I just wondered if there was a utility that you could manually toggle On and Off the Hardware buttons...

Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$
Re: Disable hardware buttons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Just curious. Is there a utility to temporarily disable the Hardware buttons on the mogul?

The reason I ask is because when I go running and put my Mogul in my armband, the fit is pretty snug (which I like because it doesn't move around).
Unfortunately, often when I try to re-adjust the band or do anything, one of the buttons get accidentally pressed and I end up having to take it completely off and quit the program that the button invoked.

I know I can manually assign all the buttons in the Settings, but that is a pain.

I just wondered if there was a utility that you could manually toggle On and Off the Hardware buttons...

Thanks
Why not just put the phone in standby but have it lock too? Or use S2U2.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started

I second that motion.
Lock your device. Your situation is a perfect example of when to use software like "slide 2 unlock"
I had it but never needed to use it. it looks like you do.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I third that motion... However with one inclusion if you are using it to listen to your music also pur S2P on there all the harware buttons will still be disabled during the lock but u can change the tracks via on screen keys only.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I forgot to mention that I use
Mymotion (GPS program to track time, distance, speed, etc) while listening to my music.

I'll certainly give it a try the next time I run, but putting S2U2 on might interfere with the operation of Mymotion. (ie, viewing the screen data at a glance)

Last edited by x10guy; 06-20-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I forgot to mention that I use
Mymotion (GPS program to track time, distance, speed, etc) while listening to my music.

I'll certainly give it a try the next time I run, but putting S2U2 on might interfere with the operation of Mymotion. (ie, viewing the screen data at a glance)

With the newer version of S2U2 you can make some registry changes that creates exceptions for programs.

Meaning that you can add this program to the exception list and it won't auto lock if you are using it constantly.

Or there is also an UnlockRunEXE option that will automatically launch an application of your choice by setting some things in the registry. That way you won't have to dig through the interface trying to run the program or worrying that it will close on you.

Just lock and unlock it and your program will initiate.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
With the newer version of S2U2 you can make some registry changes that creates exceptions for programs.

Meaning that you can add this program to the exception list and it won't auto lock if you are using it constantly.

Or there is also an UnlockRunEXE option that will automatically launch an application of your choice by setting some things in the registry. That way you won't have to dig through the interface trying to run the program or worrying that it will close on you.

Just lock and unlock it and your program will initiate.
If I create an Exception in S2U2 for the program I'm running, will it still lock the buttons? Or will it complete remain unlocked?

I basically want to keep the program running and visible while disabling the hardware buttons.

Last edited by x10guy; 06-20-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If I create an Exception in S2U2 for the program I'm running, will it still lock the buttons? Or will it complete remain unlocked?

I basically want to keep the program running and visible while disabling the hardware buttons.
It will remain unlocked.This is a simple option that might help you out, unless you know some scripting and do it that through a script.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
It will remain unlocked.This is a simple option that might help you out, unless you know some scripting and do it that through a script.
So creating an exception in S2U2 doesn't really help me...

Thanks to everyone who is suggesting S2U2 but it doesn't look like it will work for this.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
So creating an exception in S2U2 doesn't really help me...

Thanks to everyone who is suggesting S2U2 but it doesn't look like it will work for this.

At this point if S2U2 does not work then you will probably need to assign each button to have no action or create a small program or script that does this for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan