PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Mobile versions

Are these two links the exact same build for Opera Mobile? If not, which is the most recent?

This one

and

This one

Thanks for your time.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Opera Mobile versions

I think the second one is the newer one.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Perfectum

Shavkat is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Shavkat Send a message via MSN to Shavkat Send a message via Yahoo to Shavkat Send a message via Skype™ to Shavkat
Re: Opera Mobile versions

Try Opera MINI!
It's more faster and confortable!
It's good for Traffic too!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavkat View Post
Try Opera MINI!
It's more faster and confortable!
It's good for Traffic too!
i have problems uploading files to here and xda with opera mini..

opera mini basically takes a "picture" of the site and lets you view it... it won't load the entire site the way opera mobile and IE do... its great if you just like to read, but if you need a website which uses some basic flash or current updating, opera mini won't cut it...

mini IS REALLY FAST if you are just browsing for written information.

I flip between the 2 for different needs
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilmonkee View Post
Are these two links the exact same build for Opera Mobile? If not, which is the most recent?

This one

and

This one

Thanks for your time.
just downloaded the 2nd one and you need the qvgaskin if you don't have vga or else its abnormally huge on the screen

here's the qvga compatible version i have, i believe its also the newest build 1126... works great
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I didn't check the links, but the file that syanni85 posted is definetly the one you want. Newest build, QVGA skin, uninstallable, and it won't take over every HTML link on your phone.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
i have problems uploading files to here and xda with opera mini..

opera mini basically takes a "picture" of the site and lets you view it... it won't load the entire site the way opera mobile and IE do... its great if you just like to read, but if you need a website which uses some basic flash or current updating, opera mini won't cut it...

mini IS REALLY FAST if you are just browsing for written information.

I flip between the 2 for different needs

Though 9.5 slower than Opera Mini I still appreciate that the the pages im viewing is not being sent through a second proxy server (Sprints is enough). At least Sprints compression servers dont strip the webpages of AJAX, Flash, Javascript, Etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
Though 9.5 slower than Opera Mini I still appreciate that the the pages im viewing is not being sent through a second proxy server (Sprints is enough). At least Sprints compression servers dont strip the webpages of AJAX, Flash, Javascript, Etc.
in the best words i've seen yet!

This is why i won't leave sprint for another carrier, they truely have the best internet/data on the market!

Thanks pg2k3
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyawnko View Post
i gotta quick question,

given their abilities, what do you think is a more promising browser,

Opera Mobile, or SkyFire?

last time i used opera mobile, it killed my rammmmm.

n i kept having to soft reset.
well aparently the OFFICIAL release of opera mobile9.5 will enable full java support so you can view flash sites like youtube in desktop form.... i like the feel of opera mobile, but for now its skyfire, unless the official 9.5 opera actually has that full support.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I just installed the new one that Syanni85 sent, and it has many flaws that the one that I had didn't.

FLAWS:

-When I try to type an address, the address bar closes and I have to keep on re-opening the toolbar which is very annoying.

-It is much slower.

-The favorites menu isn't as easy to use as the other.

-When I do the touch screen equivalent of "right click" and select "landscape mode", it goes the opposite landscape than the QWERTY keyboard is.

-Sites like hotmail that did work on my old version do not work.

-Many other flaws.

How come people like this more than the old one?

Last edited by theevilmonkee; 06-19-2008 at 09:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan